cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky cinema 2 month pass

Hello, just got the NOWTV box as a birthday present & spent most of last night trying to activate the included 2 month Sky cinema pass.  The code is being typed correctly, but when i press apply voucher i get the "Voucher not valid" message.

EDIT, i forgot to mention that in the "My account" area it states that i have a 1 month pass to sky cinema.....whereas on the box it states i am entitled to a 2 month pass.

Any assistance appreciated while i still have some hair left.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hmm, that's a little bit annoying as I would have thought live chat would have applied the code for you.

You can also try entering the code on the NOW TV box it I'm not sure if it gives you option while you are on a free trial or only if there is no pass at all (if you want to try, open up the NOW TV app by pressing the nowtv button on your remote, then go to the My Account screen from the menu, see if there is an apply voucher button next to cinema). 

You could also try on your phone to see if that works better (use your phone's browser to go to the NOW TV website and log in as you do on the PC).

If you don't get any luck then I think you'll have to go back onto live chat and this time insist you've tried everything and can they please apply the voucher to your account for you. It's a pain, I wish I could add it for you but I'm just a customer like you!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Your My Account page is probably displayingdetails of the 14 day free trial if you activated that when you set your account up (it won't know anything about your voucher code until you get it input correctly).

The usual cause of the error  is misreading the code on the voucher. which can be difficult to read, but if you've tried several combinations and nothing seems to work, go to

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/voucher-code-not-working

and choose the option for live chat who can check the code for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated.

I have typed the code in exactly as it appears underneath the scratch off coating.......many,many times now!  Including all upper case characters & all lower case characters.  I understand that upper case is the correct input.

It is displaying details of the 14 day free trial, as it expires on 13/6/17.

Will try the live chat thing.

Thank you again.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, hope you get it sorted.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hmm, that's a little bit annoying as I would have thought live chat would have applied the code for you.

You can also try entering the code on the NOW TV box it I'm not sure if it gives you option while you are on a free trial or only if there is no pass at all (if you want to try, open up the NOW TV app by pressing the nowtv button on your remote, then go to the My Account screen from the menu, see if there is an apply voucher button next to cinema). 

You could also try on your phone to see if that works better (use your phone's browser to go to the NOW TV website and log in as you do on the PC).

If you don't get any luck then I think you'll have to go back onto live chat and this time insist you've tried everything and can they please apply the voucher to your account for you. It's a pain, I wish I could add it for you but I'm just a customer like you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update....... just come off live chat again & they have applied a new code for me. All working now for 2 months pass.

Thank you again for the assistance. 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, glad you got there in the end!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, ive bought mine from argos eariler today and the exactly the same is happening to me? i do i get on live chat to sort it out? thankyou.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: Now TV voucher code not working

However, if the afore mentioned 'Help Centre' article does not satisfy all your requirements I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative, which can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me if you get charged for having a "Live Chat"?.

Just checked my credit card statement & there are 2 instances of a charge of £1 taken on the  31/05/17..... this is the date that i had to have 2 live chats to sort out my free 2 month pass.

Any comments appreciated.

Thank you.