cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports PL Season Ticket 2019 - WARNING

Evening,

Having had the 10 month season ticket last year I'd been looking forward to seeing if it became available again. To cut a long story short, Now TV managed to bill for me for FOUR times (for a total of £796), and it isn't showing up on my account at all.

The longer version:

I tried signing up, I go the this offer has expired on your account error (can't remember the exact wording). I had a one-week pass (redeemed but un-activated) on my account, so I redeemed the one-week Sports Pass. After doing this, clicking the offer took me to a Buy Now page.

I clicked the Buy Now button, and I got taken to another page, that had the green Now TV branding, but otherwise was completely white and blank. I checked in "My Passes" and it said my Sky Sports expired in 6 days (from the pass).

I then tried this again in: another web browser, an incognito browser and on my phone. The same blank screen on each attempt, still nothing showing in my passes.

Five minutes later I received four e-mails, each telling me I'd been billed £199. On checking my online banking, there were four pending payments for £199. How on Earth is this able to happen?!?!

Having spoke to the live chat, they have refunded three of the payments, but inform me that the money WILL leave my account, before being refunded within 5 working days.

The pass is still not showing as active in My Passes (despite being billed for it x4!), and I will probably have to get in touch again in 7 days time to check the pass applies to my account correctly.

PSA: If you aren't sure if you've bough the pass and don't get confirmation, DO NOT KEEP CLICKING BUY NOW. For some reason there is nothing built in to stop you paying for the pass muitple times.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I believe something similar happened to another customer last year 😡.

Sorry i can't help, where i am a customer just like you.

I have tagged somebody from the NowTV Forum Management Team to make them aware of this.

Hopefully somebody will be in touch from NowTV to offer further assistance & help.

Otherwise get back in touch with live chat and ask this to be escalated to a higher level.

Out of curiosity when you bought the season tickets was it on the same nowtv account and the four nowtv confirmation order emails was they sent to your same email address ?

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and next to the sports month pass does it say offer starts in six days time and if you click the drop down arrow below the one month sports pass to expand the on screen information what does it show for your next due full price payment at £33.99 per month.

Totally baffled that there is no £199 payment shown under your My Account > Bills & Payments section of your account (even it it's only showing one of the four £199 charges).

I thought  NowTV had mechanisms in place to avoid things like this happening (evidently not) from what you have posted on here.

Anyway hope you get it resolved as quickly has possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Because the pass I activated was a week pass, there is no month pass drop down in the Passes and Vouchers. The Week Pass shows it expires in 6 days. Once that expires hopefully the Month Pass will then show up again, but I won’t know for another week.

All four passes were bought on the same account. All emails went to the same email address (but delayed by a few minutes and all arrived at once, if I’d seen the first one instantly I wouldn’t have kept going!)

There are 4x payments of £199 showing in bills and payments, and also now 3x refunds of £199.

I am utterly, utterly baffled that there is no safety net in place to stop this happening given the sums of money involved, and even more livid at the complete lack of support options given that it does happen. This is the sort of overdraft-fee inducing error that can cause carnage to people’s lives.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

GOOD SCAM