cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexRickard
Advocate

Sky Sports Offer £21 per month for 6 months

Anyone having an issue with using this offer, every time I try to select it I get an error saying unable to add. Any advices most welcome. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TexRickard 

Are you billed by a third party such has BT TV, Talk Talk etc where you won't be eligible for the offer using that account.

Do you have an existing active or saved Day Sports Membership on your NOW account ?

Or are you currently on a NOW Sports offer with more than 30 days left ?

Are you trying to take up the offer using a VPN or currently trying to take up the offer whilst outside the UK ?

Sometimes using a different internet browser or using your smartphone with mobile internet helps.

When You also click on the offer in the url address bar from the website, there will sometimes be a voucher code embedded on the end of the url (code will either start with NOW or SMPT) which you could copy and apply has a voucher directly on your NOW online account.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TexRickard 

Are you billed by a third party such has BT TV, Talk Talk etc where you won't be eligible for the offer using that account.

Do you have an existing active or saved Day Sports Membership on your NOW account ?

Or are you currently on a NOW Sports offer with more than 30 days left ?

Are you trying to take up the offer using a VPN or currently trying to take up the offer whilst outside the UK ?

Sometimes using a different internet browser or using your smartphone with mobile internet helps.

When You also click on the offer in the url address bar from the website, there will sometimes be a voucher code embedded on the end of the url (code will either start with NOW or SMPT) which you could copy and apply has a voucher directly on your NOW online account.

TexRickard
Advocate

Thanks I'm billed by BT so looks like its not an offer I can get. Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TexRickard 

Perhaps speak to BT TV and see if there is anything they can do with regards to their NOW Sky Sports prices.

Some people create a new separate NOW account to take up these offers, but it's a bit of a pain managing two accounts and signing in and out of devices between BT TV and NOW direct.

evansrostron
Advocate

thanks YES IM WITH BT FOR TV PACKAGE SO THATS WHY THANKS SO MUCH

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @TexRickard 

Which is why I have a Roku Express with the Now app on it plugged into a TV which also has the Now app on it 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

I really find it hard to understand why anyone would want to get NOW via BT, are the premium and contract lengths really worth it for the ability to record? 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

I really find it hard to understand why anyone would want to get NOW via BT, are the premium and contract lengths really worth it for the ability to record? 

@redchiz1 

BT offer telephone support for Now Streaming, which many here would envy. And I don’t think BT TV customers are as well-informed about retention discounts and special offers as Now customers are; ‘premium’ prices on BT TV are only the advertised Now prices, after all. And the contract length only applies overall; BT customers can dip in and out of Entertainment, Sports and Cinema as readily as we can; they just can’t stop altogether.

And it isn’t just recording Now they get; the deal comes with the loan of a YouView box, on which they can record any Freeview channels they like. And you can’t get the box without at least a minimum channels package.

It’s only us technically well-informed cheapskates who know how to snag a Pro box off the internet, and Now Memberships on retention deals, who can reduce the comparison to what you describe; the vast majority of BT TV users either haven’t got the nous or don’t want the hassle, and are pleased to pony up the extra £10-£30 a month for the warm bath of BT support.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

And the extra £18 a month minimum to have BT TV in the first place. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

And the extra £18 a month minimum to have BT TV in the first place. 

@redchiz1 

That was already factored in to my calculations.