cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Football Season Ticket - Not Eligable

I'm trying to buy the Sky Sports Football Season Ticket but always get this error - 

Sorry you may not be eligible for this offer, or the offer may have expired.

I've now tried to have a dozen conversations via the online chat but they always time-out or i get passed to another department that eventually ends in the chat being disconnected. 

Although I've been told many different things the general message appears to be that as i have both Broadband and TV I'm not eligible, the pass is only available to TV only customers....makes no sense to me!

How's the best way to try and get a decent conversation from NOW TV in sorting this? I can't face another tedious chat where I've got to explain the situation once again 😞

Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding is if you are an old NowTV Combo customer when NowTV first introduced their Broadband, Telephone & TV combined package you won't be eligible for this offer (don't ask me reason why because i don't work for NowTV).

I believe the Combo Customer option was phased out and scrapped over 18 months ago but customers are still tied into the Combo service.

Perhaps somebody who is a NowTV Combo customer could explain why ?

Maybe go to your My Account > Bills & Payments or Message Centre to see if somewhere it identifies you has a Combo customer if you are not sure if you are a Combo customer or not.

I am a NowTV standard broadband, telephone and TV pass customer and under my Bills & Payments section of my account the Broadband & Telephone bills are separate to my TV passes.

If you have only been with NowTV Broadband for less than 18 months then i would guess you are a non Combo customer like me.

If you are a standard broadband, telephone and TV pass customer, then you should be eligible for the 10 month pass if you haven't got any sports pass saved on your account or you are not on any current sports pass offer that has more than 30 days left.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps .

Joined NowTV Aug 18 and the bills 'list' everything separately so no clear indication that I'm a 'combo' customer. 

I guess it's back to the painful online chats....!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you joined NowTV Broadband during August 2018, then you are not a Combo customer, where i signed up to NowTV Broadband during April 2018.

Don't know why the system won't let you buy the 10 month season sports ticket if you are not a Combo customer, or have not got an active sports pass or a day or week sports pass saved on your account.

I am assuming you are trying to buy the pass whilst in the UK and you are not currently out of the country and your personal & banking details haven't recently changed and need updating on your nowtv account.

Perhaps there is something on your internet browser device blocking the pass going through.

I hope live chat can sort it out for you.

Should you get it resolved let us know how you or live chat fixed it ?

Anyway Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again @schnapps .

I’ve accepted defeat. I’ve been told the offer is only open to TV customers, not Broadband and TV customers.

Bizarrely, they suggested that if I quit taking their Broadband and moved elsewhere I could have the deal!! They did offer me an alternative package for the season ticket but was more expensive than the equivalent of £20 a month so I told them to forget it out of principle.

If it wasn’t such a drawn-out and tedious process to communicate with them I’d take this further but they’ve worn me out!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have tagged a NowTV Senior Staff Member about your posts on here.

Hopefully somebody from NowTV will get back in touch with you (fingers crossed).

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hell of a sales pitch that:-

“Buy our Broadband - but if you want the footy on a deal, you’re SOOL”

otherwise known as “Sales pitch yes, football pitch no way”.

It’s a surprise a minute, NowTV, isn’t it? Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

It doesn't make any sort of business sense no matter how you look at it 😐

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same message come up when trying to buy the season pass. I read in some of the remarks that its not for combo customers, just tv only customers.

well thats exactly what i am, i have tv only , broadband is with another provider, and yet its come up with the same message, not eligable??.

i dont have any other passes currently, so its not that either,??

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You don’t perhaps have a Day or Week Sports Pass set up, but not actually running?

One of these will spike your eligibility until you start using it, and complete or Cancel it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.