cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports 10 Month Pass Paused?

I paid for the 10 month Sky sports season ticket at £199 back in August 2019 I bought this deal for the football season for which it was promoted. I just want to know whats going on with my subscription with there currently being no live sport etc. As it stands this 10 month pass expires in June and then I will pay £33.99 a month. I can’t find anywhere about this deal being currently ‘paused’ or suspended and have had no correspondence from Nowtv about it either. I know you can pause your subscription with Sky, but where does it leave Nowtv users..apologies if this has been asked/answered elsewhere I’m also finding the Nowtv site confusing to navigate as it’s quite clear they don’t want any customers contacting them directly at this time.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 In this case there is a contract to provide 10 months of sport, it is paid in advance and CANNOT be cancelled at any time

I have filled in the form....again no response and had been talking to  customer service but have had no response from them for over 10 days.

General now TV subscription can be cancelled so you don't incur extra costs but with the season pass you can neither cancel or pause.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have filled a complaint also, which I never like to do when just wanting to ask a question but there is no other choice. Also you don’t get any confirmation or case number so have no idea if it’s actually gone through. 

I have this morning reached out to them on Facebook by commenting on one of their posts as they seemed to be replying there, it also then gives you the option if you ‘tag’ them in your post to send the message to them directly. Again I have no idea if these platforms are monitored too closely but it’s another avenue to at least try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi EAB89 ,

Obviously, still no direct reply or acknowlegement to any of my online complaints.

But I did send an email to the Comms ombudsman (Cisas ??). The reply from them was very non commital i.e. it told me I had to wait 8 weeks before they would act. Not sure exactly 8 weeks from when though i.e. start of sports cancellation, last payment or what. So still no further forward.

Actually, I have sent details to my credit card to attempt to stop further payments (next due April 24th) with nothing in return for last payment (March 24th). Nothing from them either at the moment.

Haven't tried FB yet so I'll have to try that I guess as it does sound more positive - slightly...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all just an update, not sure if anyone has FINALLY received something similar from NowTV but hopefully it’s positive news for all with Sports Passes.

‘We want to make sure we’re doing the right thing for our customers. We’re aware that your NOW TV Football Season Ticket will be ending soon and there are currently no official dates or plans in place for the remainder of the 2019-20 Premier League & EFL season.

The situation is constantly changing, but the Premier League & EFL are currently looking at ensuring the 2019-20 season is completed as soon as it’s safe to do so. So to make sure you don’t miss a moment of the action if the season recommences later, we’ll be extending your NOW TV Football Season Ticket - free of charge - for another month, and will continue to extend it until we know more about how the season will end.

You don’t need to do anything. Just make sure your Pass is active, not cancelled, and we’ll extend it at no extra cost to you before it expires. We’ll be back in touch once this is done and we’ll also let you know of any further extensions to your Sky Sports Pass if they’re necessary.

Thanks for your patience in these uncertain times.

The NOW TV Team‘

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi EAB89,

Thanks for that. I guess it’s a step in the right direction from Sky/Now.
However, I’ve still heard nothing and, as before, no acknowledgement at all
either never mind a solution.

I guess my Sports offer could be considered to be different from the prepaid
offers as I pay monthly for the 6 month period with the 3rd one coming up
this week. So, in essence, I’ll have paid nigh on £60 for less than 3 hours
viewing. I know the channels are still there but I don’t particularly like
watching repeat dramas never mind repeat football matches.

I’ll have to check what exactly happens if I cancel now. Do offer (and
payments) end immediately or do they say I’m still on the offer till
August?? With previous offers, I have cancelled in the week leading up to
the end to see what they offer me to continue. Slightly different
circumstances now though.

Fingers crossed still…
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Funnily enough, I received this email today from Now TV.

As you'll see they're saying I can cancel my 6 month Sports pass at any time and restart it as and when the sports have returned. I think I will cancel before Friday when the 3rd payment is due. Unfortunately, I reckon that the restart will be at the regular price i.e. £33.99 rather than the £19.99 I'm on now.

So fingers crossed plenty of offers will appear when it does restart

Hi,

Ref:

Thanks for your recent contact with NOW TV

We apologise that it’s taken longer than usual to get back to you. Our contact centres are currently closed due to the on-going global situation with COVID-19 (Coronavirus). If you need to cancel your pass, you can do this at any time by heading to (Pass link) - just sign in, choose “Cancel Pass” and follow the instructions on screen. Once a pass has been cancelled, you’ll receive a confirmation email. You can start a pass again any time by heading to (Pass link). Thanks for choosing NOW TV,

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same email and had a few replies from NowTV. The help centre email I used only in January has now been closed so getting no joy in that department. When I did get a reply on how the problem was sorted, I can politely state that my reply was not so polite. Like many I paid £199 and yet it's great that we get a free months football "allowance", yet the reason for getting the package was that it allowed "all" sports and channels to be viewed, not just football. I can respect and understand that due to this time it's more a case of working from home. My payment was in August as others and yet whilst the NowTV team are happy to take money on other passes when it comes to sorting out this particular pass it's clear they don't know what to do. I had an option to redeem a voucher but it won't allow me to select the item - if the pass is cancelled I'm giving up on my option and closing the problem. From February to the end of June that's just over half of the term of the pass that's not being answered on what's happening. No phone calls answered, no emails, no online help, no live chat - no advice or options as to where to go from here.