cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports 10 Month Pass Paused?

I paid for the 10 month Sky sports season ticket at £199 back in August 2019 I bought this deal for the football season for which it was promoted. I just want to know whats going on with my subscription with there currently being no live sport etc. As it stands this 10 month pass expires in June and then I will pay £33.99 a month. I can’t find anywhere about this deal being currently ‘paused’ or suspended and have had no correspondence from Nowtv about it either. I know you can pause your subscription with Sky, but where does it leave Nowtv users..apologies if this has been asked/answered elsewhere I’m also finding the Nowtv site confusing to navigate as it’s quite clear they don’t want any customers contacting them directly at this time.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this will be a common problem for Now TV and they don't seem to be handling it at all despite tbeir website stating that all complaints will be answered quickly. I started a 6 month sports pass on Feb 24th at £19.99 per month so for a couple of weeks, I could watch my interests i.e. football and golf and then obviously, just about live sports of all types were postponed or cancelled. Despite this, my March payment was still taken. Fyi, I don't watch all these historic games etc that they are apparently showing so I'm not getting anything for that payment or any future one. Will they cancel the deal or suspend payments - no-one knows.

I'v made an online complaint twice without even the courtesy of a receipt acknowledgement. As a pensioner, I'm not keen on just giving away money each money for nothing but I've run out of things to do although I've sent another online complaint again today. I've also emailed what I believe is the ombudsman so it's wait and see what happens now. But I'm not holding my breath...

Having said that, I understand that Sky Sports TV is suspending payments so why can't NOW TV do that???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this same problem, as I paid for the football season. I can understand why payment is not suspended over this 10-month deal as it is pre-paid, but it would be nice if Now Tv extended "the football season ticket deal" to cover the fothcoming months, since we have already paid for these games!

A couple of people I know, received an email from Now Tv offering Skysports at £8.99 per month for 6 months but they were not on our "season ticket deal".

No communication from Now Tv regarding the future of our 10-month season ticket deal is poor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I say "poor", obviously there are major working issues at the moment, so I should have been clearer as I meant "poor because other people have received communication emails regarding SkySports deals during this crisis". Apologies as that sounded a bit stroppy, sorry about that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I totally know what you mean these are unprecedented times and I do understand that expectations should be managed. However I would have thought a general email to all users just as a bit of reassurance more than anything, that they know there will be questions about services etc, like that we have, would go a long way. They seem to have just shut down all customer relations side of the business but have just continued to market and advertise their services which is frustrating. I’ve had many emails from various businesses of late (which I’m sure everyone has) with updates on their operations Some of these businesses significantly smaller than NowTV. To just not have reached out at all to customers is like you rightly say, poor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally with you all on this one, I began corresponding with then on around 17th March about the same issue and have had no response from them since 21st March with an open case ID. 

Live chat is no longer available and it appears we are being ignored over this subject. 

NOWTV is owned by SKY and I think that as prepay customers we should be treated in the same way as subscription customers  as we are not able to just cancel the next months payment.

Sky have paused their customer accounts and while this may not be a possibility in the same way NOWTV should be able to provide a free pass for the months we  have missed or extend our passes for that period. 

We have paid for a service ( premier league coverage for 10 months) and we haven't had that service or been offered and alternative option ..so wouldn't that be classed as breach of contract?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At the weekend I emailed the CEO of Sky about getting a refund as there seemed no other way of contacting Sky as their Chat Service seems to be permanently down.

I've had a reply from '[email removed]' today offering me a £60 refund, which I have accepted. They say it is not possible to offer a pause in the subscription for NowTV.

This information may be useful to others in the same predicament.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where did u find the ceo address? Thanks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Google email address CEO sky his name is Jeremy darroch

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

As some of you will be aware Sky are offering the option to pause their Sports subscription. For some reason Now TV have not followed suit.

What I can only suggest is filling this form out and to be persistent to get some type of refund. 

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Now TVs stance will be, the service is a non contract service so you can cancel at anytime. Which is why you will need to be persistent, but it is not a guarantee that they will give you a refund or additional passes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help