cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henrygeorge
Mentor

Setting up new 4k now tv box - problem with code for 4 passes

Hello,

Please help. There is a problem with the activation of 4 Passes that came with a new NOW TV box. How can I get this sorted out? 

Last night I set up a new 4k NOW TV box - I had bought it some months ago from John Lewis.

It came with 4 passes - 1 month Cinema, 1 month entertainment, 1 month Kids, and 1 day sports.

During the setup process the TV screen showed a code and asked me to bring up the nowtv.com/tv page on my computer.  This page asked me to enter the code, which I did.

The computer screen then came back with a message to say there had been a problem and asked me to get in touch via the Online chat system. I have tried this, but it appears this is not available at the moment. Who can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @henrygeorge @Anonymous User 

NowTV have identified an issue with certain customers accounts when setting up their new box or stick.

Where NowTV have asked effected customers to get in touch with them, where they can sort it out.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/HELP-for-new-Now-TV-BOX-Stick-that-wont-Activate-with-your/m-p/534744#M7750 

Try clicking on the green live chat button on this link page below.

If live chat doesn't work for you, try a different internet browser or another device with a browser on it.

Should you still can't get through to live chat, then drop them a message on the web form in the same link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem and it doesn't tell you what the problem is and there's no way to get support by phone. 

Come on NowTv get this sorted ASAP 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @henrygeorge @Anonymous User 

NowTV have identified an issue with certain customers accounts when setting up their new box or stick.

Where NowTV have asked effected customers to get in touch with them, where they can sort it out.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/HELP-for-new-Now-TV-BOX-Stick-that-wont-Activate-with-your/m-p/534744#M7750 

Try clicking on the green live chat button on this link page below.

If live chat doesn't work for you, try a different internet browser or another device with a browser on it.

Should you still can't get through to live chat, then drop them a message on the web form in the same link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

henrygeorge
Mentor

Thanks for your reply. It seems the chat online is off until the morning (9am?) so will try then, and if no joy will submit on the form you suggested.

henrygeorge
Mentor

Thankyou to @schnapps

I managed to contact the live chat on Saturday morning, and the assistant sorted out the situation for me.

Gettingh through to live chat was quicker than expected - If it helps anybody, I did try immediately after starting up my PC, with a browser with a completely cleared history, and set to allowing all cookies for that session.

It did take me two attempts though. After entering all thedetails my PC crashed (problem at my end), and I then found it difficult to get back in to the live chat system. So I used the old IT advice - completely started again, cleared the history etc and I then got in to live chat very quickly.

So my problem is sorted.  Hopefully the underlying issue in the stick/box setup procedure will be sorted out soon as well.

henrygeorge
Mentor

Hi @schnapps 

I must have pressed the Accept answer button on the wrong message, as the system has credited me with the answer. Apologies, and if you know how to change it so you are credited, please do so.

Thanks for your help

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@henrygeorge wrote:

Hi @schnapps 

I must have pressed the Accept answer button on the wrong message, as the system has credited me with the answer. Apologies, and if you know how to change it so you are credited, please do so.

Thanks for your help

Hi @henrygeorge 

next to the title of the post in question . You should see three dots in vertical alignment. Hover over with the mouse and you should be presented with a menu within this menu should be a "not the solution" option or something along those lines. After using this you should be able to apply the solution to the correct post.

Hope this helps😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.