Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Retention offer & free voucher

Hi,

Not sure what I need to do here.

Am currently on a retention offer for the Movies pass and I have a month's free voucher pending on my account.

I'm on the last month of my retention offer now so I went in to cancel and activate my pending month's free Movies pass to use that but I was asked if I'd like the same retention offer as I have. If I say yes I get an error roughly saying I can't do that.

Would I be able to take that retention offer again some time or is it only a one time offer and so I need to refuse it and go right through cancellation to activate my pending month's free Movies pass unless I want to pay full price for the Movies voucher next month?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Retention offers when cancel tend to come and go and the discounted price varies from my experience when cancelling a pass, sometimes you will not be offered any discounted price when cancelling.

You could try cancelling the movie pass again with a different internet browser with it's ad blocking software disabled to see if you get past the error message on screen and are offered a new movie retention offer deal.

If you have a free one month voucher pending on your account is this from a stick or box and saved on your account ?

Normally with vouchers or voucher codes there is no need to cancel the pass and apply the new code or redeem the saved voucher anytime in the last 30 days of your next due scheduled payment date.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Don’t cancel. Just activate the new pass.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Won't let me activate the free month voucher as I 'already have an active voucher'

If I go to cancel it it then offers me the retention offer I'm on but if I agree to it is say 'whoops this is embarrassing, can't do that' If I reject the retention offer my pass becomes Cancel Pending but Activate on the free month voucher is greyed out as I 'already have an active voucher' If I then restart the voucher I'm back to where I started with my retention offer expiring mid Jan 20.

This is 1 of the month free vouchers that came with my new Smart Box. When I got the new box I already had active vouchers from when I had a stick which came across on my Now TV account.

It's all very confusing.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What's the actual date in mid January 2020 when your current offer finishes ?

If it's earlier than the 17th of January then i would have expected that the saved one month voucher that came with your nowtv smart box could be redeemed.

Out of curiosity when you go to Bills & Payments on your account on here is there a full charge for your pass that is due mid January or does it show zero £0 charge ?

You may be better off popping over to live chat where they can look into your account in more detail.