cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Refund on sky sports offer?

Back on the 18th of February I purchased an offer on sky sports to get three months for £16.99; That is before all live sport was cancelled. The deal lasts until the may the 18th with one more payment to come out of my account in April. I had a look at trying to cancel the pass, it won’t let me cancel before may, Any way round this? Any chance of claiming a refund due the fact there is no live sport? Thanks for your help in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
starman73
Elite

Why can't you cancel immediately?  Even if offer runs to end May, you should still be able to cancel.  Is something preventing it?

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
starman73
Elite

Why should it be free?  And why would you want to watch it if there is no new content?

Chris_Gregg72
Scholar

I had just started a 6 month £20pm.... when I enquired they cancelled it from the end of the full month and gave me a voucher code for 1 months sports pass for when everything restarts ( well they claim it’s a months pass will find out when I use it)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had same problem . Unable to cancel £20 a month for the F1 package .

Getting nowhere at all with it .  So thought I would see if they could offer me sky cinema as a sweetener until the F1 starts up again . No chance , as in ,no one to talk to ,  no offer forthcoming from Nowtv .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Progress - Email received today.

We want to make sure we’re doing the right thing for our customers. We’re aware that your NOW TV Football Season Ticket will be ending soon and there are currently no official dates or plans in place for the remainder of the 2019-20 Premier League & EFL season.

The situation is constantly changing, but the Premier League & EFL are currently looking at ensuring the 2019-20 season is completed as soon as it’s safe to do so. So to make sure you don’t miss a moment of the action if the season recommences later, we’ll be extending your NOW TV Football Season Ticket - free of charge - for another month, and will continue to extend it until we know more about how the season will end.

You don’t need to do anything. Just make sure your Pass is active, not cancelled, and we’ll extend it at no extra cost to you before it expires. We’ll be back in touch once this is done and we’ll also let you know of any further extensions to your Sky Sports Pass if they’re necessary.

Thanks for your patience in these uncertain times.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is an email I had about the prepaid football season ticket...

We’re aware that your NOW TV Football Season Ticket will be ending soon and there are currently no official dates or plans in place for the remainder of the 2019-20 Premier League & EFL season.

The situation is constantly changing, but the Premier League & EFL are currently looking at ensuring the 2019-20 season is completed as soon as it’s safe to do so. So to make sure you don’t miss a moment of the action if the season recommences later, we’ll be extending your NOW TV Football Season Ticket - free of charge - for another month, and will continue to extend it until we know more about how the season will end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar issue . I have a contract till 8th June and was half way to cancelling when Covid hit. I had been offered a voucher for the first month but have heard nothing since and just seen I have been charged for April and same for May. With a limited complaints procedure what do we do? I only signed up for the football and there has been none!

starman73
Elite

I have a contract till 8th June and was half way to cancelling when Covid hit. I had been offered a voucher for the first month but have heard nothing since and just seen I have been charged for April and same for May.

@Anonymous User  You don’t have a contract. You can cancel any time you like. You need not have paid for April nor May. https://account.nowtv.com/passes  has a “Cancel Pass" button. Cancel from there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in a very similar position. Purchased a NOW TV sky sports offer of 6 months for £19.99. Have only been offered one month as compensation for the three months I have paid for where no live sport has been shown. Now I am unable to contact NOW TV to ask for a refund or additional months to compensate for this. Has anyone else had any luck? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

been getting the total runaround - bunch of crooks - they say they cannot make refunds yet they are gaily able to sign up new customers for films etc in no time at all. have reported this to trading standards etc and will probably have to resort to court action for recovery.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey David

You know, all companies, even up to the day of going out of business, will always keep their ability to take money, working up to the bitter end.

Just be aware.