cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Passes after free trial

Had now tv since the white box and bought 4 back in the day for kids rooms and that. We used the free trial passes from them all on one account. When the black one came out we got 2 of them and also used the free passes on the same account. We now have 2 new sticks but notice you can only use one trial pass now does this mean I can't use the passes from the stick on my account and I will need to make 2 new accounts to use them? We only have 4 devices on our account as we give the older boxes away.

Thanks Mike

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apologies in advance if i have misunderstood your post on here.

When you create a nowtv account you should have the opportunity to take advantage of the 14 day free trial for Entertainment, Cinema, Kids and Hayu passes.

Once you have used the free trial or applied a voucher code to the relevant pass, then the 14 day free trial is removed and will not be re introduced if you purchase any new nowtv boxes or sticks (i.e. the free trials are linked to your account and are not renewed every time a replacement nowtv device is added to your account).

Nowtv originally used a paper voucher code to manually add to your account, however they are moving away from paper vouchers that comes supplied with the boxes & sticks and are going down the electronic voucher route.

Going forward if you have a stick or smart 4K box with a bundled pass then once the device has been setup your voucher should be automatically added to you account ready to be redeemed.

You should be able to redeem the electronic voucher code that was uploaded to your account if you are within 30 days of any existing offer by going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here where you should see a button to redeem the voucher to be added to your nowtv pass.

There shouldn't be no need to set up multiple accounts (which i don't recommend anyway) every time you purchase a new nowtv stick or box with the included bundled passes or buying nowtv gift cards to apply to your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I think I have maybe said my question wrong. I have 2 scratch off 2month entertainment  passes from the 2 sticks I bought so I should be ok to use these as they are not free trials.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With the two scratch card vouchers that came with your stick, when you are ready to add the first entertainment voucher code to you account.

Then go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and if you are not on any current entertainment offer or have less than 30 days remaining on an entertainment offer you should see a green apply voucher button next to your entertainment pass.

When you are ready click on the green apply voucher button and follow the on screen instructions, once the voucher code is added it should say on your account you are on an offer with a next due renewal payment date shown (keep the old scratch card safe just in case anything goes wrong during the period).

Then with the second scratch card entertainment voucher code you will have to wait until you are in the last 30 days of the above first voucher code finishes (where the green apply voucher button should re appear again next to your entertainment pass).

Then if you wish you can then add the second entertainment voucher code to your account.

Hopefully job done and you will have 4 months of continuous nowtv entertainment on your existing account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to say that if you are thinking of giving your old nowtv boxes away which you mentioned on your first post.

Then make sure you factory reset the boxes by either going into the box menu settings or pressing a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the boxes for about 30 secs to wipe clear your account details off the boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My mum has her now tv stick set up downstairs with entertainment pass ...I bought a new stick with a free pass on it but I set up a new account like a fool!

Is there anyway I can put my free pass onto her account ?  

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Asked twice, and answered once.

Please look under the first place you asked this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.