cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Offer no longer available

I logged in to my Now TV account to look at the Offers for passes and I was entitled to a 6 month Entertainment Pass for £6.99pm.  I wanted to try the Entertainment package out before committing to 6 months so decided to take the 7 day free trial and if I Liked it, would sign up to the 6 month offer after the free trial had ended.  After completing my application for the 7 day free trial, I went back into the offers only to find the 6 month offer had now disappeared.  Will the 6 month offer become available again once the 7 day free trial has ended?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The personal offers towards the top of My Account > Passes & Vouchers section only remains there for a couple of weeks.

That entertainment offer you mentioned is not that attractive to be honest where you can make further savings be going down the NowTV Gift card route.

What i would try first, is cancel your 7 day entertainment trial now and see if you are offered a retention deal to stay for a couple of months, then maybe consider NowTV Gift Cards in the future.

When cancelling the trial you will be asked the reason why "say i can't afford it" then hopefully you will be given a deal.

Here's some more information about Gift Cards below.

https://www.nowtv.com/gift-cards 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The personal offers towards the top of My Account > Passes & Vouchers section only remains there for a couple of weeks.

That entertainment offer you mentioned is not that attractive to be honest where you can make further savings be going down the NowTV Gift card route.

What i would try first, is cancel your 7 day entertainment trial now and see if you are offered a retention deal to stay for a couple of months, then maybe consider NowTV Gift Cards in the future.

When cancelling the trial you will be asked the reason why "say i can't afford it" then hopefully you will be given a deal.

Here's some more information about Gift Cards below.

https://www.nowtv.com/gift-cards 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks for that.  The offer on my page disappeared straight after signing up to the Free Trial.  I did it that way round because other people on the Community Pages said when they were signing up for the 12 and 6 month offer, they were forced into selecting the Free Trial first.  After the free trial ended, they had problems accessing the Offer.  I will look at the Gift Voucher Route and hope I can get it posted as the stores are closed.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you cancel the free trial to see if you was offered a short term retention deal ?

I know Currys / PC World send the Gift Cards out by post.

Game UK i believe does it electronically by email, though their Gift Cards must be used within six months, where Currys you have 12 months to redeem and use the code.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 
Yes I cancelled the free trial and I was offered 3 months at £5.39pm which I took.  I also looked at the Gift Cards via the Now TV link which as you say took me to the Currys PC World site.  They're doing 2 months for £10 which is also a good offer.  I'll look at that option once my 3 month offer has expired.  If I take the Currys PC World Gift Card for 2 months, can I buy another one after it expires?
I'll also look at Game UK thanks.

Regards

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem using NowTV Gift Cards, where i have been using this method for about 5 years where i apply a new Gift Card in the last 30 days of when my existing Gift Card is coming to an end on my account.

Once your existing three months are coming to the end in the last week or so, i would try the cancel method again to see if you offered another retention discounted offer (no harm in trying).

Myself and a few forum members got an entertainment retention deal for £1.60 per month for 3 months (unless NowTV are not offering these lucrative entertainment retention deals anymore).

Should you not be offered a further retention deal in just under 3 months time, then go down the Gift Card route, give it a couple of more further months using Gift Cards and then try again cancelling to see if you are offered any further retention discounted deals to stay. 

Also keep looking at the nowtv offers webpage on their website for any offers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps that's brilliant help - thank you very much.  I've noticed on my passes, it it saying my next pass starts on 26th May at £8.99 but in the Payments Section, it is saying £5.39 will be taken from my account which will be the offer price.  is this normal?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like the bug that myself and another forum member discussed about on this thread linked below.

As a precaution take a screen shot of both your pass in the Passes & Vouchers and the charge price in your Bills & Payments section.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Passes-and-voucher-info-not-the-same-as-upcoming-payments/td-p/528052 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Good thinking, will do.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi Gazza

I'd just like to jump in here and mention how I do things, which is very similar, but different, to Schnapps.

When I buy my Entertainment passes from Currys I usually get three at a time, i.e. 3 x 2 months.  I then get onto Now TV help chat and ask them to confirm all my passes are valid and then combine them into 1 x 6 month.  And so within the last thirty days of my current pass I add my new 6 month pass to my account, and therefore have no worries about money coming out of my CC or any other problems for a further 6.5 months.

And finally, right now I have enough passes to last me well into the middle of 2021 but, as you can guess, I'm going to stock up on more 6 month passes well before then.

As I said, my way is slightly different.

UK Bob