cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv 2 month voucher reduced to 1 month

Today I used a voucher for  a 2 month nowtv entertainment pass with an end date of October 4th. Just in case I would accidentally make a payment I didn't want to I went to cancel the pass (as it EXPLICITLY stated that cancelling a pass will still allow me to use the pass until the end date). However for whatever reason when I checked again it said that the pass would end on 4th september, exactly one month from now.

Is there any way to rectify this?

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just has a test cancelled my entertainment pass voucher which expires on the 28th of September and if you look at the screen shot below it let's me keep watching until the 28th of September without me needing me to restart it to get the full duration of the voucher.

Like i said don't know why your voucher behaves differently when you have cancelled early.

Hopefully live chat will give you the reason & answer.

Screenshot_2019-08-05-19-10-55.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

OK i have just restarted my entertainment pass again and i am getting the same bit about you lose the right to a refund if you cancel.

Screenshot_2019-08-05-19-21-03.png

So i reckon there might be some sort of bug or glitch when viewing your voucher on your account where it should say the 4th of October which is what i would have expected but for some unknown reason it says the 4th of September.

See if live chat can figure it out.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So i have restarted my entertainment voucher offer and for me i am back to the original voucher offer finish date of 28th of September.

Screenshot_2019-08-05-19-38-50.png

So perhaps try restarting your pass to see if the 4th of October appears next to your entertainment pass and then cancel it once again to see what happens.

Any problems and the date still keeps referring back to the 4th of September then speak to NowTV live chat.

RoyB
Legend

To: @Anonymous User 

Cc: @schnapps 

I think I can see what’s going on here. You’ve Cancelled the Pass in the current month, so it will let you keep watching for the rest of the month until 4 Sep.

But at any time before then, you can restart the Pass, and you will be able to watch until 4 Oct without being charged again.

Possibly, this will still apply after 4 Sep, up until 4 Oct, if you restart the Pass between those dates, but it seems to indicate that unless you Restart it, you won’t be able to watch Entertainment on this Pass between those dates.

And the Refund comment may indicate that if you try to watch some Entertainment between 4 Sep and 4 Oct without first Restarting this Pass, you will be charged the full rate from the day you start, and won’t be able to claim a refund; not on the current Pass nor the new full price Pass.

Thats the mechanism I think I see, but its logic escapes me; why doesn’t the Cancelled Pass just run until 4 Oct? Why does it stop on 4 Sep?

The answer, if this is deliberate, can perhaps be found in the current £199 Sport Pass offer, where people can’t pick this up if they are already on a deal, and if the deal extends beyond the expiry date of the offer, they can’t pick it up at all.

So the idea is that were there a really good Entertainment deal whose take-up expired on the 10th of September say, then you couldn’t have it if your Cancelled Pass ran until 4 Oct, but you could have it with your Cancelled Pass running only until 4 Sep, and you forfeiting your last month in favour of the new Deal.

And maybe it works like that, or maybe it was intended to work like that but doesn’t, because whoever programmed this end set it up ready, and whoever programmed the Deal granting end set it up to work differently, thus making how this end works be all in vain.

This is all guesswork though; we need some kind NowTV staffer to explain it to us to know what it all really means.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have done it on my laptop and another pc. same result (4th sept)
starman73
Elite

Where did u get the 2 month pass from? Are you sure it is not a 1 month pass?

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

That the screenshot above shows the Deal offering a Restart that will carry it on to 4 Oct shows it is more than a one month Deal.

But I wonder if there is some minuscule difference between a Deal offering a Two Month Pass and a Deal offering Two One-Month Passes, which this Deal seems to have become, or has been all along?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

We’ve had it confirmed that you have a certain type of deal in which:-

if you had let it run, it would have lasted until 4 Oct;

But as you Cancelled it, it will now run until 4 Sep, with the option to Restart before 4th Sep;

But if you don’t restart it before 4 Sep, the Deal will expire on that date, the last month is forfeited, and you can’t restart during it, nor get a refund for it;

However, if you Restart it before 4 Sep, it will revert to the original deal and run until 4 Oct;

And I would imagine if you then Cancel it after 4 Sep, it will still run until 4 Oct.

In other sorts of deals, Cancelling leaves the deal still running until the full period has elapsed.

I have no idea how you tell which sort of deal you have, except by Cancelling it in a month before the last month, and seeing what it then looks like. Unless it’s in the small print, if any, that describes the deal.

As regards the strategy of cancelling to take a better offer, if you stay Cancelled then (I think):-

You can’t take another offer before 4 Sep, as the Restart option until then means you’re still on the existing offer;

But you can take another offer after 4 Sep, as you are now out of the offer.

But if this were the more conventional(?) Deal that just ran until 4 Oct, you couldn’t take another deal before then.

This apparent ‘benefit’ of the sort of deal you are on is not deliberate, I think; the potential benevolence is just a byproduct of this sort of deal.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Some good sound advice there 😉.

I would still be interested to know from @Anonymous User what type of 2 month entertainment voucher they added to their account and where did they buy & source the voucher from ?

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

Yes, me too.