cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv 2 month voucher reduced to 1 month

Today I used a voucher for  a 2 month nowtv entertainment pass with an end date of October 4th. Just in case I would accidentally make a payment I didn't want to I went to cancel the pass (as it EXPLICITLY stated that cancelling a pass will still allow me to use the pass until the end date). However for whatever reason when I checked again it said that the pass would end on 4th september, exactly one month from now.

Is there any way to rectify this?

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Certain devices such has mobile phones, tablets etc can only see your NowTV passes one month in advanced which is a limitation with the NowTV App software on certain devices i reckon.

I have mentioned this before to NowTV and my personal preference would rather see it removed if it can't see the full duration of your Passes.

To see the true accurate date of when your Passes are up, is to go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in here.

What's the bet it will show your entertainment pass expires on the 4th of October 😉.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was checking it on my laptop since thats what I usually use for nowtv. Still says 1 month (4th september) which has me confused

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That was with your laptop going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers here ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you still got the voucher code ?

If so what happens if you re enter the voucher code again ?

Does it come up with an error or message saying code already used ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Where can I re-enter it? when I check the vouchers/passes it only lets me renew for £7.99 and I don't see an option to enter a voucher code.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have less than 30 days before an entertainment pass renews at £7.99 then normally you will see a green apply voucher button on the left hand side adjacent to your entertainment pass.

Perhaps post a screen shot on here of your entertainment pass and click on the drop down arrow below the entertainment pass so we can see fully what's happening.

I am also assuming you have only one nowtv account and haven't added the voucher to a different account ?

Also when you go to Bills & Payments on your account does it say your next due payment is the 4th of September or 4th of October ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv why.JPGnowtvwhy2.JPG

This is what I can see, no other options and this is my only account, this one month is as a result of that voucher. I don't have any upcoming payments because I cancelled the payment 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly thanks for posting the screen shot of your entertainment pass.

Looking at your Passes & Vouchers on your account it seems totally different to my account if you look at the screen shot i took back when i added a 2 month entertainment  NowTV Gift Card on my account.

Here's a screen grab taken on the 15th of July on my entertainment pass where i added a two month voucher via a NowTV Gift Card.

Screenshot_2019-07-15-14-13-09.png

To be honest i am not familiar with the voucher pass you have added to your account (unless you are a NowTV Combo customer where perhaps the rules are different) ?

With all the vouchers that i have personally come across before, you can cancel the pass early and you will still get the full duration of the voucher.

The only rule that i knew was different to the above is a monthly short term rolling offer where you pay a reduced monthly payment each month for example a retention deal using some fictitious deal of 3 months at £5 per month where if you cancel early say during the first month you would lose the £5 offer for the remaining 2 months left or if you cancelled in month 2 you would lose the final third month at £5.

Where with this type of offer you need to cancel in the last month of the deal and it's not a voucher.

Though looking at your screen shot you don't seem to be on that offer and some sort of voucher that i have never come across or seen before.

Looking at your screen shot it says restart your pass and you won't be charged until your next payment date at £7.99 which says 4th of October.

But what i don't understand is the last bit of the paragraph at the bottom of your screen shot which says you lose the right to a refund if you cancel.

So i would hold fire on restarting the pass and pop over to live chat and ask them for further clarification on how this voucher offer of yours work and what happens if you restart the pass.

Here's a link to live chat, select the most appropriate category, then topic, then scroll towards the bottom of the screen page and click on the drop down arrow below Get in Touch to reveal the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

If you do get an answer from live chat, would you mind posting back on what they said because i am curious why your account and vouchers work differently to what i have come across before and would like to know what is the consequences of restarting the pass (especially the bit about you won't be entitled to a refund if you cancel).

Anyway Good luck and i hope you get it sorted.

PS - When i posted my first reply i thought it was a simple answer that you was checking your entertainment pass via the NowTV App on your mobile device (glad i didn't put any money on it in my bet 😁).

How wrong was i 😡.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a saved screen shot of a recent entertainment pass voucher that i cancelled.

Screenshot_2019-07-02-16-22-31.png