cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV not honouring 6 month pass

So in Feb 28th I bought a NowTV box with 6 month pass. I just tried to apply this morning to no avail. I contacted support who informed me that it expired on the 24th of January 2018 (5 days ago).
I was able to provide an Argos Fasttrack email receipt. I was then told that I should pop along to Argos and tell them that the ‘scratch card’ voucher had expired, and they should resolve the issue.
My argument is -
1) Argos have no way of verifying the pass expired rather than redeemed.
2) The vouchers do not come with expiry date.

Now I accept the small print which says the voucher lasts for a year from purchase, but how do I know how old is Argos stock in the first place i.e. until used how do you know if you have an expired box?
I feel quite strongly, that NowTV can tell that no one has redeemed the voucher, worst still that the date is only 5 days past (not months!).
Is there something which can be done on a forum where an e/retailer like Argos can be understood?
Also, who keeps a receipt for desk collection from Argos 11 months later?
Disappointed with the lack of understanding provided by support.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Support have finally agreed to issue me a new voucher code, I'm quite shocked at the amount of back and forth I had to go through, for something which could've been easily remedied - if they only printed expiry dates on the vouchers.

The fact I had proof that the voucher was purchased less than a year ago, but that I still had to engage through a 3rd party (who don't have access to NowTV system to verify that what I was claiming was correct), I wonder if this is a frequent issue?

Glad its sorted, but also makes me more weary of NowTV customer service going forward...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Tony-D might be able to help you.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Support have finally agreed to issue me a new voucher code, I'm quite shocked at the amount of back and forth I had to go through, for something which could've been easily remedied - if they only printed expiry dates on the vouchers.

The fact I had proof that the voucher was purchased less than a year ago, but that I still had to engage through a 3rd party (who don't have access to NowTV system to verify that what I was claiming was correct), I wonder if this is a frequent issue?

Glad its sorted, but also makes me more weary of NowTV customer service going forward...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree, I do think that now tv should put an expiry date on the Passes that come inside the now tv boxes. 

It would save alot of hassel too.