cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Sport £20 for 6 months...

I would like to take advantage of the £20 deal. If I cancel after a few weeks, will I be charged an additional £13.99? It says no contract and can cancel at any time but terms and conditions state "Offer lost if you cancel your NOW Sports Membership before the last month of the offer period." 

To me this means either if I cancel before 5 months I'd have to pay the full rate OR if I cancel before 5 months I then won't be eligible for the offer again if I wanted to purchase a Sports pass.

Any idea which one it is?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you cancel this offer in the first month then you only pay £20 (make sure you also cancel the Boost if you don't want it either).

If you cancel in month five for example you only pay 5 x £20 per month.

Once you have gone past the next scheduled payment date and have cancelled this offer, then you can't restart it again and the further months left of the offer will be lost.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Should have also mentioned if you don't cancel Boost in the first month and using the five months in my example above then you would pay 5 x £20 plus 4 x £5 for Boost where the first month is free under the website offer so effectively you are only paying 4 months Boost if you don't cancel the Boost using the five months in my example.

If you cancel fully by following the approx four screen steps on your online account, then you shouldn't pay the difference of £13.99 or £33.99 per month.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Also be aware this current offer on the NOW website expires today the 10/04/22 at 23:59 hrs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much, this has been a massive help 🙂 @schnapps 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

To amplify one of Now’s little peculiarities, which @schnapps alluded to, but you might have missed:-

As above, if you Cancel out of an offer, then you can keep watching until the next renewal date, but if you let that go past, the offer price is lost, and if you were to start a new Sports membership, it would be at the regular price, or whatever offer price Now might have running on that day.

But if, after you have Cancelled but before the next renewal date, you have a fit of remorse and want the offer to continue for you after all, then you can go into the membership in My Account, and Uncancel (or whatever Now call it), and be back on the offer.

Don't leave this until the last minute though, if it is an option you wanted to use, as even the day before the renewal can be too late!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.