cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clyd
Scholar 2

Now vouchers via TalkTalk

I'm a talktalk customer and taking up their offer to join now.

I've enrolled with Now, have used the sky movies voucher and that's working. But I now can't use the entertainment voucher, it just seems to have disappeared.

Is there some unpublished rule that they have to be completed together.

If not any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Clyd
Scholar 2

Perhaps we should start a self help group!

I opened up a community question on TT.

They got back very quickly, even though I didn't like the answer.

They claimed that earlier in the year I had already opened up an entertainment voucher, and that 2 vouchers for the same product is not allowed.

That condition is true, but I'd never had any involvement with Now until this current episode.

I'm not sure I was even really aware of their existence until now.

I briefly checked my financial records and could see no purchase around the time they stated.

Anyway by now I wasn't bothered as I'd sorted it out direct with Now.

I suggest you go on the TT forum to see what they say to you.

Otherwise go direct to Now and see if they can help you. I had to prove who I was and my entitlement to the offer (screen shots etc). As I had a very clear conscience, I provided all they needed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

Was the NOW Cinema Voucher also from TalkTalk ?

If so according to the FAQ on this linked TalkTalk help guide below, you are only entitled to one voucher per Talk Talk customer.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-NOW/ta-p/2457383#email 

Clyd
Scholar 2

Thanks for your response. I've used the link you supplied and read in one way I would agree with you. But it must mean 1 voucher for each type of service. In other words I can't keep asking for the same service and handing out to all my mates??

Also the way the TT site is set out doesn't seem to imply that.

Anyway I've got it sorted. The NOW chat line got me to send proof of who I am and screenshots of the offer and sent me the voucher code.

After all they were going to get the money anyway not TT.

Also a very positive start to my relationship with NOW.

Thanks again though.   I'm going to leave my query open with TT, to see what the eventually say.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

Glad you got the Entertainment discount sorted via NOW live chat.

Because i am not a TalkTalk customer i don't honestly know how their NOW introduction discounted voucher scheme works (apart from the info on their NOW FAQ link that i posted) and if you can have different NOW Vouchers across different Membership types.

It would be great if you get an answer from TalkTalk so it is clear in my mind and may also help others who stumble across this thread 👍.

Cheers.

Clyd
Scholar 2

Will do, thanks.

RoyB
Legend

@Clyd 

Is this a confusion brought about by Now’s new terminology? 

What used to be a Pass is now a Membership, so if you have several of what used to be Passes, you have several Memberships.

But people may be under the impression, reading the TalkTalk literature, that a Now Membership is what we would call a Now Account.

And anyone who thought that would see a ‘Now Membership Voucher’ as giving carte blanche across the whole range of ‘Passes’, instead of being restricted to just one of them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Clyd
Scholar 2

I can certainly see that could cause some confusion.

My understanding, coming from "outside" is that you join NOW and then add passes to any of the three options.

The confusion that TT gave me was that I was able to buy one "pass" (movies) and while installing it I joined NOW. So far so good.

But when I went back to buy another one "entertainment", I was presented with a screen that only offered movies and sport.

That of course made no sense.

But I came on "chat" here and they cut out the middle man and allowed me to buy direct. Of course at the TT rate!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having same issue I got CINEMA voucher code OK and upgraded account but TALK TALK site wont let me get ENTERTAINMENT code 12 months 4.99 per month I have been trying all day and TALK TALK customer service is useless even after sending numerous emails and talking to a chat line all i want is the offer VOUCHER CODE sent ????

Clyd
Scholar 2

Perhaps we should start a self help group!

I opened up a community question on TT.

They got back very quickly, even though I didn't like the answer.

They claimed that earlier in the year I had already opened up an entertainment voucher, and that 2 vouchers for the same product is not allowed.

That condition is true, but I'd never had any involvement with Now until this current episode.

I'm not sure I was even really aware of their existence until now.

I briefly checked my financial records and could see no purchase around the time they stated.

Anyway by now I wasn't bothered as I'd sorted it out direct with Now.

I suggest you go on the TT forum to see what they say to you.

Otherwise go direct to Now and see if they can help you. I had to prove who I was and my entitlement to the offer (screen shots etc). As I had a very clear conscience, I provided all they needed.

Clyd
Scholar 2

I said I'd get back, but I've no real update.

TT said I'd already bought the entertainment voucher some months ago.

I seriously dispute this and certainly can't find any financial evidence. More to the point whatever they thought I'd bought I never put to any use and Now seemed to have no record of me.

Anyway life is too short to argue with them. I got it all sorted direct with Now.

So ignoring my issues the solution with TT is you get any combination of entertainment, cinema and sport vouchers.

On producing the voucher numbers NOW charge the appropriate amount and you join up at the same time.

Very straightforward in theory. As long as you haven't already got a voucher previously !! Because you can't have more than one.