cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graham2000

Now sports 9 month membership offer

So because I had bought a day pass to watch a football game, Now then sent me an email saying they had given me 9 month sports membership for free.  However, when I try to watch the football by clicking on the icon in the app up pops a message saying I either need to buy a sports membership for £34.99 a month or a day pass for £11.99 a month.  I don't get it, is the sports membership including the football or not?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Graham2000 

Are you using a smartphone and are you trying to watch Sky Sports Premier League channel and not Main Event?

More information in this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-sports-mobile-membership 

Also make sure you pick up the Sky Sports Premier League channel via the TV Guide section of the NOW App or under Sport click on the live channel thumbnail.

Graham2000

Hi, yes I am using an iphone (its a mobile membership, I should have mentioned that) and when I click on Main Event then it gives me those 2 paid choices

Jj2
Advocate

You need to click on the lion !! Not the main event 👍

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Graham2000 

Don't click on Main Event channel which is not one of the five channels included with a Mobile Sports Membership and make sure you click on the live Sky Sports Premier League channel.

Graham2000

working now, maybe just a delay ? thanks

Jj2
Advocate

Are you logging on , on your mobile phone ? 

Lou1
Advocate

I'm having the same option. Last year I had no issues but now just telling me I need to buy a package to watch. I purchased a day pass in October 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lou1 

When you bought the day membership was there an offer to be given a 9 month mobile membership? If so did you definitely get an email stating you were given it?

Are you definitely sure you are only trying to watch one of the channels provided by the mobile membership?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Lou1 

Adding to what @gavs82008 said above, have you changed your mobile phone since last year?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.