cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv Stick Sky Sports Free Month

Hi, just a quick one. My local B&M has now tv stick with a months free sky sports. I already have now tv and use it on my LG smart tv. If I buy a number of these sticks could I put the passes on my existing now tv account and then just sell the sticks cheap afterwards?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep that is possible if you want to pass on the stick to somebody else.

Once you buy the stick, you will have to set it up and activate it.

The sports pass voucher off the stick will automatically start on the date you setup the stick or if you are on an existing month sports pass it will automatically kick in on your next due scheduled payment date.

Should you be on an existing sports pass offer with more than 30 days remaining or on a current running or saved one day or one week sports pass, the one month sports voucher will be uploaded to your account in a saved section to be redeemed for a later date.

Once the sports pass voucher has been successfully loaded to your account you can check this, by going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here.

You can then either sell or give the stick away.

Before selling or giving the stick to somebody else you need to wipe your account details from the stick.

The easiest way is go into the stick settings where you will find a factory reset option.

Once you factory reset the stick, try switching the stick back on and if you are greeted with the Lets Get Started message on your television screen, then this will mean the stick has been wiped with your personal information on it.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How cheap are you envisaging? 😉

Anyone who wants to add a NowTV pass would take up one of the B&M offers themselves - except that Entertainment is pretty unattractive, with the Stick oncost of £6.

Should be a ready market in scraped Sticks at £3 or less to users with a Stick already, but a broken remote, though.

Though at £20, you could just toss the Stick and still be £5 up on the best Sports Pass price 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.