cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordy
Mentor

Now Tv Boost

Hi. 

I activated a now boost 7 day free trial. I saw this on a page on nowtv, All 11 Sky Sports channels in 50 frames per second and full HD.  I tried clicking on a sports channel and didn’t work? Is it because I need sports package?

Any Help is grateful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Jordy 

Yes, Boost only boosts Memberships (Sports, Cinema, Entertainment, etc.) that you already have, or which you take out and pay for while you have Boost.

If you feel you were misled by some Now promotional material for Boost, can you please post a link to the page you were looking at, so we can see what we think?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RoyB
Legend

@Jordy 

Yes, Boost only boosts Memberships (Sports, Cinema, Entertainment, etc.) that you already have, or which you take out and pay for while you have Boost.

If you feel you were misled by some Now promotional material for Boost, can you please post a link to the page you were looking at, so we can see what we think?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jordy
Mentor

Hi. 

I was on this and scrolled down to see it advertised. I may misread it or something but being autistic and dislexic i dont know. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

RoyB
Legend

@Jordy 

Yes, I can see how you could interpret it as you did 😢

Too good to be true of course, as you then suspected, but perhaps one of our esteemed Community Contributors, like @schnapps or @gavs82008, could alert Now to this and have it made clearer.

This page:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

makes things clearer, and does not suffer from the issue with the page you found.

Jordy
Mentor

Would be nice if it did have sports channels via boost. But only have Entertainment package

Jordy
Mentor

Oh right. I did think that could be the case. 

Thanks for your help

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jordy 

That section about the channels is referring to the features which boost gives you if you had a sports membership and relevant device.

Boost is a feature add on and doesn’t automatically give you an entertainment/cinema/sports membership. To get any Sky sports channels you need a sports membership.

If you have sports and boost then you’ll be able to get those features mentioned.

Agreed the wording could be a bit more clearer to specifically state about the 50fps that you must have a sports membership etc.

@Simon-J  is this something that can be looked into which @RoyB mentioned?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gavs82008 @Jordy @RoyB 

hi all,

I think this is a fair point, let me feed this back to the help team.

Thanks

Simon

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jordy we've now added clarification to that and other articles, thanks for the feedback 🙂

Penners

@Jordy Hi. I took advantage of the £21 per month now sports membership offer for 12 months. That DD goes out on the 9th of each month. Just looking at my bank acct and I find that a further £6 has gone out on 10/4 and another payment of £6 is set to go out on 10/5 under the heading of BOOST. What is this? I certainly didn’t ask for BOOST! I just want sorts at £21 per month for 12 months. Please help. Thanks