cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick free passes

Purchased stick from Currys, which included month free passes to Entertainment and Cinema collections. No vouchers included but all works fine when plugged into my TV. If I try to watch on my PC however, I get an error code VGC 42593152726:1  . This in spite of me enrolling PC as one of my devices.  Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can have a maximum 6 devices on your account and two simultaneous nowtv streams.

So you should in theory be able to watch the same NowTV pass on both your stick and PC.

There is something wrong somewhere on your PC that is bringing up that error code.

Hopefully a PC nowTV user on the forum will come to your assistance, otherwise see if live chat can figure out what's causing the error code.

Link below to live chat and choose the most relevant category then pick a help topic where towards the end of the process towards the bottom of the screen will be a Get in Touch option to click on for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The stick comes with the preloaded electronic vouchers on them, so when you setup & activate the stick the vouchers will automatically be uploaded onto your account.

With regards to the error code, i can't offer much help because i don't run a PC when watching NowTV.

You could check that you haven't got any programmes running in the background such has your snipping tool or other software.

Other than that if you are running Windows 10 then maybe try the NowTV dedicated App from the Microsoft Store, instead of using your internet browser on the NowTV website with their NowTV player software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps . I have no problem with the stick, which works fine . I'll try out your suggestion.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @schnapps . Not able to try the app as not able to load it on my PC.

It looks as if maybe it's not possible to use the same pass on different devices, which rather goes against what it says on the tin! Not a major problem for me  - just very irritating!  Thanks for your help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can have a maximum 6 devices on your account and two simultaneous nowtv streams.

So you should in theory be able to watch the same NowTV pass on both your stick and PC.

There is something wrong somewhere on your PC that is bringing up that error code.

Hopefully a PC nowTV user on the forum will come to your assistance, otherwise see if live chat can figure out what's causing the error code.

Link below to live chat and choose the most relevant category then pick a help topic where towards the end of the process towards the bottom of the screen will be a Get in Touch option to click on for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch on my tv via stick and watch on my windows 10 laptop, I watch it with now tv player not the now tv app.

When you are signed into your account and go to watch something it askes/prompts  you to download the  NOW TV PLAYER.

Once watched on player it will add laptop to device list

Hope you can understand this and has helped you

Regards 

Cheryl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ahh sorry I have misunderstood, Thought you could not watch with the now tv app so was suggesting to use the now tv player instead

Seems its other way round you cant watch the player, So best to try the app

Hope you can sort this all out

Good luck

Cheryl