cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Season Pass ( Sky Football) 2020/2021

Does anyone know if NOW TV will sell annual passes for Sky Sports football  2020/2021 season or will there just be monthly and weekly options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s only selected people through marketing who get the email so I think we should all just stop the comments and wait till the 9th and see what happens commenting on here ain’t gonna get u a email Apart from everyone moaning let’s just wait and see ain’t that long to wait ! 

View solution in original post

433 REPLIES 433
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correct.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Basically by adding Tesco Clubcard vouchers to my NowTV account I have affectively got 9 months of Sky Sports + Boost for £175. I can live with that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's correct. You'll probably get a warning message about upgrading your account the first time you select a Sky channel from the Programme Guide, but click OK and it will continue and start to show the content. 

As you've said, recording works just like it does for any other "non-app' related channel on the YouView box. It's good and the HD pack for £5 gets you HD on Sky and Max4k on BT if you have a 4k TV.

You can also switch the package around every month. That means switching between NowTV/Sky sport and entertainment but also dropping it altogether for a period (i.e. outside the football season). However, because it's a 24-month contract, you just fire up the same deal again when the new season starts.

I was already a BT customer but I've been able to renew my broadband deal, secure BT and Sky/NowTV sport for £10 per month less than I paid last year with a NowTV season pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have followed this thread since it started. Like many others, have had the season pass for 3 years, no issues. Tried to sign up for the 12 month offer, apparently I'm not eligible. Click on the link for my "exclusive offers" but comes up as "you're not eligible for this offer", the box even has a pre-entered code which is invalid. Ridiculous service, never known anything like it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right, so I spoke to BT again, and re-did the sums. 

In a nutshell, if I stick with my current BT Sports and TV package and add the NowTV £25 for 12 months deal, plus £3 per month boost, it will cost me £1288 combined over the next 24 months (assuming the Now TV deal next season is the same, i.e. £28 per month including Boost).

However, if I switch everything to BT, it will cost me £1040 for 24 months. That's a saving of £248 versus going directly with NowTV. Plus I have the added benefit of being able to record programs. 

It's a no brainier.

I will also replace my NowTV Entertainment Pass with the BT Entertainment package which is £9.99, currently the same price as NowTV's, and which includes the same Sky entertainment channels but without the hassle of vouchers and cancelling and hoping for offers, and again the ability to record.

Thank you to @Anonymous User , @Hooba, @Saint1976 for making me see the light!

Overall, this whole debacle seems to be a ridiculous own goal by NowTV. A Season Pass like last year at £20 per month for 9 or 10 months would have done the job for me and would have kept me onside, but after 4 years I'm off. I won't miss them (and I get to free up an HDMI slot on my AV receivers).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anybody know how to talk to 'chat' and not the 'chat bot'? I don't think it will make any difference to any offer but thought I'd try to talk to them. How?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Go on the website and scroll down to complaints then select 1 of the different options and it should say get in touch and scroll down and it should say live chat 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, all I get is the 12 months at £25 per month offer too. The chat person said this: "Yes, you can grab this deal and continue till you want and you can cancel it anytime to avoid further charges". So, 9 months = £225 I guess.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i took £25pm deal cant see them doing the 10months this year 

starman73
Elite

Fortunately don’t need to do the £25/month offer, as I have a few months passes I have to use.  Will start on Monday after I make the most of seeing more than 5 others this weekend.

However, depending on how bothered you are about EFL play offs you could start it next weekend (I believe offer expires on 5th October) to take you through pretty much to the end of the season with 8 months.  Especially if you are an Arsenal fan as they are on BT Sports this weekend.  Fulham don’t have their first Sky game until 28th September.  You can even get a day pass for the final day if there is anything at stake.