cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor

Re: Now TV Season Pass ( Sky Football) 2020/2021

I agree that it's pretty ridiculous that this was sold as some kind of 'great deal' that was coming up, but if you actually are buying it for the football season it's essentially 225 quid (9 months and then cancel). Given last year was 200 (but all up front) and they just gave the £20 per month to a select group, that's about what I was expecting.

I still haven't received any kind of email about it, by the way. It's just popped up today in my 'personalised offers' section if you go into the 'passes and vouchers' section of My Account.

Advocate

To be fair if you cancel in May the total cost for the season will be £225 compared to £200 last year.

Yeah it's a month less of football, but given there will likely be more live fixtures if 3 pm kickoffs continue to be moved for TV (I don't see fans being allowed in grounds in mass anytime soon), it isn't that bad.

I bought it. I'd be spending way more that the extra £5 a month it's increased actually going to the matches.

0 Thanks
Mentor

It is ridiculous to expect football fans to pay £25 per month for 12 months when they only required 9/10 months at a lower price! 

I think l will chance it by getting a couple of £25 gift cards and hoping there will be a better deal in November? 

Hi,

Are we 100% sure we can cancel anytime because on myn is says can’t cancel
within the 12 months otherwise we loose the deal. I hope they will come out
with an improved offer

Thanks a lot

Elite

@stephen_J monthly sport gift cards have been discontinued. You may be lucky and find some old stock but the NowTV branded ones that have been launched to replace them are day passes for £9 or Argos seem to have weekly ones for £10!

0 Thanks
Elite

@blurred-picture from the NowTV page

Screenshot_20200909-112809.jpg

0 Thanks
Scholar

@stephen_J wrote:

It is ridiculous to expect football fans to pay £25 per month for 12 months when they only required 9/10 months at a lower price! 

I think l will chance it by getting a couple of £25 gift cards and hoping there will be a better deal in November? 

Those gift cards don't really exist anymore or at least are very hard to find from a reputable dealer. That is not by chance. NOW TV have you over a barrel.

The Matrix has you.

Knock, Knock!

Scholar

@Saint1976 wrote:

@stephen_J monthly sport gift cards have been discontinued. You may be lucky and find some old stock but the NowTV branded ones that have been launched to replace them are day passes for £9 or Argos seem to have weekly ones for £10!

The Argos Weekly Pass is showing as not in stock. It is also worth noting that the Weekly Pass has now been removed from the online store but still available from the device apps. Perhaps the Weekly Passes are about to go altogether.

0 Thanks
Elite

@Gizmo Weekly passes are going as well as the mobile pass! 

0 Thanks
Mentor

Yeh, that’s not a deal. Off I go to virgin/BT then. Their deals are cheaper and you get a recording box. Looks like I’ll be cancelling my entertainment pass too, how to lose customers.