cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Season Pass ( Sky Football) 2020/2021

Does anyone know if NOW TV will sell annual passes for Sky Sports football  2020/2021 season or will there just be monthly and weekly options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s only selected people through marketing who get the email so I think we should all just stop the comments and wait till the 9th and see what happens commenting on here ain’t gonna get u a email Apart from everyone moaning let’s just wait and see ain’t that long to wait ! 

View solution in original post

433 REPLIES 433
Saint1976
Elite 3

The phrase "system generated" has been trotted out every time the issue of email only offers comes up. 

The reality is, a human in a marketing and promotions department has to formulate the offer, who it's available to and then set the parameters for the system to send it.

Unless, that is, Sky/NowTV have handed their whole marketing department to AI (which would be a world first) this is a deliberate strategy.

If you are a regular monthly subscriber who doesn't cancel, they see you as safe money and no need to do anything to get you using their service. The only thing that would change their policy is if 100,000+ people cancelled their monthly sports pass simultaneously, citing NowTV's refusal to universally offer the deal that's been emailed out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some info for you

I have been following this thread since the first page so was hoping for an email this week

Just now I got onto chat and explained I had not received an email with the offer yet, but wanted to watch the match tonight

Chat person asked for my full name and email address, then told me the time and date the offer had been sent to me - 3 days ago. I was asked to check junk email

I checked junk, and deleted emails (just in case) - nothing

So I was given a code via chat and I'm now ready to watch a pitiful display of footy this afternoon

You might want to check your junk folders and get in touch by chat

MAF1
Mentor

Been checking my inbox and spam folder, and nothing, so gave chat a try again just now - unfortunately no sign of the email for my account, but they say it can still arrive up to the 8th - no way of telling if it will come or not, just a waiting game for the moment, and then I guess getting back in touch with chat if no emails arrive, or no general offers appear.

NovEmBer
Scholar

I just get the usual flannel from live chat about all the amazing offers they are going to have and no they haven't sent me an email and no they can't tell me the price these offers will be etc. etc. 😞

Stoney35
Scholar

Well just to complicate things further, if you visit now tv sports twitter account and view yhe comments section on 1st post. You will see a message from Now tv itself saying there are no plans to release a season ticket this year.  And they go on to imply that there will be different deals at different times for different customers. 

Doesnt bode well for us that havent yet recieved an email. I just tried again in live chat with the recent suggestions and hit another brick wall. I believe its because ive been on live chat a lot about the subject and probably shot myself in the foot so to speak.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just been on the chat and they didn't offer me anything - just told me to wait until next week  ☹️. I  really wanted to catch the England game today and F1 over the weekend. Dissapointing as I've paid up front for the season pass the last couple of years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv connected  by smart stick.turned on tv ,selected hdmi3 for now tv, and screen shows the above message

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder whether this 'direct marketing' is compliant with GDPR. I guess if anyone feels aggrieved they should do a Subject Access Request (SAR) to see if there is any basis why some get an email, others don't?

The SAR shouldn't cost anything and will provide you all info Sky has on you!?!

Stoney35
Scholar

@Anonymous User 

This was my point. Ive asked and asked what the criteria is but just cannot get a straight answer 

Stoney35
Scholar

The only reply you get  is 'system generated '