cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Season Pass ( Sky Football) 2020/2021

Does anyone know if NOW TV will sell annual passes for Sky Sports football  2020/2021 season or will there just be monthly and weekly options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s only selected people through marketing who get the email so I think we should all just stop the comments and wait till the 9th and see what happens commenting on here ain’t gonna get u a email Apart from everyone moaning let’s just wait and see ain’t that long to wait ! 

View solution in original post

433 REPLIES 433
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got off chat,  messages saved are below.

• Yes, there are a lot of offers coming up on our NOW TV website. This should start from 30 Aug 2020.

• We're not sure about the price yet. However, the 12M sports offer will be available from 09/09/2020.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

With the replacement of the old-style pass gift cards with the much more expensive versions and now no season pass from the start of the season,  it is beginning to look like this is all part of Comcast's plan to stop Now TV competing against Sky by pushing would-be Now TV customers onto the Sky platform in preparation for morphing Now TV into the poor man's Netflix/Prime Video

All this talk of BT TV reminded me that the agreement with BT to resell NOW TV probably required NOW TV to create a level playing field, preventing it from competing directly with its resellers. (Hence the removal of the 2-for-1/cheap gift cards and a move back to controlled pricing)

So for cost-comparison with alternative providers, I'm only going consider the published non-discounted prices with the possibility of being thrown a bone of the odd short term discount on cancellation. That's my view of the future. Sad really!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My current pass ends on 9th September so I've just cancelled and I was offered an extra 1 month for £19.99. No email as yet. I did have a season pass last year and extended by 3 months. A mate tried the same link yesterday and it didn't work but he received the email offering the 9 month deal last night. He also had a season pass last year but didn't extend it once it ended. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah your right I doubt the season pass is gonna happen guys I just cancelled my sky sports pass for the month combined with the season pass has just finished as now tv gave me a month free. 
I cancelled this morning as I refuse to pay £35 a month while I have bt sport I pay for as well. It’s back to £20 a month for three months again now my offer runs out in October so I rarely doubt a season pass to be honest unfortunately 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have just spoken to someone on live chat, who confirmed that there will be a Season Pass offer either in October or November.

K----n (23/08/2020, 16:21:29): The Season Pass will come by October or November. Until then, how about paying £25 per month for 3 months for the Sky Sports Month Pass? 
null (23/08/2020, 16:22:06): Oh, so there will be another Season Pass? 
K----n (23/08/2020, 16:22:34): Yes, that's correct! 

For the time being I was offered a £25 a month deal over three months, but I'll wait until closer to the football season starts. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s funny sounds like there offering everyone different deals that person who commented for £17 a month I’ve got £20, for 3 months and now £25 for 3 months. 
sounds like no one knows what’s going on tbh so un organised between now tv team (sky) let’s just hope the woman is right. 

JohnDorset
Scholar
Spoiler
Just spoke to chat. Initially offered 3 months at £20. Sain that was no good as any season offer would expire before my three months were up.

Said I needed 10 or 12 months and didn’t want to pay £33+!for monthly contract with option to cancel when I know I won’t cancel.

Was then told there are some very attractive Sports deals being announced on 9th SEPTEMBER which are amazing deals and will please me. Not given any detail re price but was told that there would be 9 month and 12 month deals. 

They are going to email the deal
to me when it is announced.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting!

Sounds like a 9 month deal could be for those willing to risk the season being completed as scheduled (without free extensions if it all goes pear shaped), while a 12 month deal would likely cover an extended season.

Either way, shall wait until the 9th and see what happens. Fingers crossed!

GrumpyDonkey
Scholar 2

Hopefully they won't be stupidly priced and will take into account the risk of people handing over £200+ in one go, given what may happen to sport again next season.

Stoney35
Scholar

Just a further update from me... I was on live chat today to a gentleman called Prem. He told me there will be a 9 month offer rolled out in the next 24/48 hours. Couldnt give an exact price but said expect it to be between £15 and £20 per month.