cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Football Season Ticket

I had a Sky Sports Monthly pass last season for £19-99 a month. For the forthcoming season the price increases to £33-99. Can i cancel and replace with the Now TV Football Season Ticket which costs £199 for ten months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers when does it says your current Sports Pass offer ends or the next due payment date at full price ?

If you have 30 days remaining on an existing sports pass offer by the 26th of August (the date the 10 month offer at £199 deal finishes) then you should be fine taking up this offer.

Where the offer should kick in straight after your current sports pass finishes.

If your current sports pass is already within the 30 day period left, then you can buy it now if you wish where the new 10 month offer should continue once your current sports pass comes to an end.

Or you could cancel your existing sports pass and again if you have 30 days remaining on this pass the new 10 month offer should be automatically added to your account.

If you decide to go ahead buying the 10 month offer at £199, then double check the offer has been automatically added to your account by going back to My Account > Passes & Vouchers section (click the drop down arrow next to the month sports pass to expand the on screen information).

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I read on the Digitalspy forum the order won't be accepted until you have completed any current sports offer you are on. By that token your current offer would need to be expired before you would have the option of signing up for this seasons offer. This was what the poster on DS was told by the NowTV help desk.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

That is correct, and that may have been me!

@Anonymous User 

You are in a similar position to myself - my current deal WAS going to expire on 24 September, and that would have been the earliest I could have taken up another offer.

After speaking to Live Chat, I cancelled that offer last week so it now expires on 24 August, after which I will be able to buy the Season Ticket (just before the offer expires on 26 August!).

Unfortunately, the advice given by @schnapps is incorrect IF you are on another deal.

DO NOT wait until your next payment date on 21 August, because you will find that you still won't be able to buy the Season Ticket as you will still get the message that you are on another deal.  I am still getting that message with less than 30 days to run on my existing pass for that very reason.

What you MUST do if you want to take advantage of the Season Ticket offer is CANCEL your current pass BEFORE the next payment date of 21 August.  You will still be able to watch until 21 August, but then you'll be free to buy and apply any kind of new pass, including the Season Ticket.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello,

Similar question from me;

I have cancelled my current sky sports pass which runs until 21/09/19.

When I try to buy the season ticket via the existing customer button it takes me to my account page and then says that I'm not eligible for the offer as I'm already on an existing offer.

Any solution?

Cheers,

Wixy

Hi @Anonymous User 

According to @Anonymous User based on the above information they have cancelled the pass already ?

So based on what you have been told by live chat @Anonymous User should be in a position to purchase the new 10 month offer on the 21st of August 2019.

Going by previous NowTV deals i genuinely thought if you had 30 days or less left remaining on an existing offer by the 26th of August then you would be eligible for the 10 month deal.

Sounds like this is not the case and you need to cancel the pass in advance 😡.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Apologies, yes, @Anonymous User does say they have already cancelled it, so in effect their current deal now expires on 21 August rather than 21 September.  The pass should now be showing in their account as expiring on 21 August, after which they will be able to purchase the Season Ticket.

The "less than 30 days remaining" element only seems to apply if your current pass was either purchased at full price OR was a pass purchased elsewhere and applied to the account.

Looking back at my payments last year, though, it looks like I was on a £20 a month deal at the time the Season Ticket was offered, and after paying £20 on 24 July, I was able to buy the Season Ticket on 8 August which then 'kicked in' from 24 August.

The only thing I can think of is maybe that deal had effectively expired after my last payment on 24 July 2018 and I was due to pay full price again on 24 August 2018, whereas this year (and for @Anonymous User as well), our next payments due towards the end of August were still going to be at our current offer prices (as in both cases we were on deals that didn't expire until September 2019).  Therefore, once we let our respective passes now expire on 21 August / 24 August having cancelled them in advance, we will both be 'out' of our current deals leaving us free to take up any new deal on offer.

Bit of a complex minefield, though, I have to admit!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @schnapps 

Looking back at my payments last year, though, it looks like I was on a £20 a month deal at the time the Season Ticket was offered, and after paying £20 on 24 July, I was able to buy the Season Ticket on 8 August which then 'kicked in' from 24 August.

The only thing I can think of is maybe that deal had effectively expired after my last payment on 24 July 2018 and I was due to pay full price again on 24 August 2018, whereas this year (and for @Anonymous User as well), our next payments due towards the end of August were still going to be at our current offer prices (as in both cases we were on deals that didn't expire until September 2019).  Therefore, once we let our respective passes now expire on 21 August / 24 August having cancelled them in advance, we will both be 'out' of our current deals leaving us free to take up any new deal on offer.

Bit of a complex minefield, though, I have to admit!

Hi @Anonymous User 

Or the other explanation to the above was that the less than 30 day rule applied whilst on an existing offer.

You are right mind to say that the way various offers and vouchers work on NowTV is a complex minefield 😠.

Still trying to get my head around all the possible permutations on the electronic voucher codes that comes with the stick and boxes since NowTV have made some recent tweaks & changes to the rules that apply to them 😡.

I am going to speak to a Senior NowTV Staff Member sometime on Monday about further clarification on the rules with this 10 month £199 Sports Pass Deal.

Should the advice i have been posting about the 30 day or less rule is inaccurate for this 10 month sports pass deal, then i will asking them "Why hasn't anybody from NowTV who monitor this forum haven't stepped in to intervene to provide the necessary correct information for all their customers" .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnappswrote

"I am going to speak to a Senior NowTV Staff Member sometime on Monday about further clarification on the rules with this 10 month £199 Sports Pass Deal.

Should the advice i have been posting about the 30 day or less rule is inaccurate for this 10 month sports pass deal, then i will asking them "Why hasn't anybody from NowTV who monitor this forum haven't stepped in to intervene to provide the necessary correct information for all their customers"

I wish you luck mate. There has been conflicting advice within this and other forums as to how to apply these deals now. Some clarification from someone within the NowTV would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in thanking you for your efforts on this issue and elsewhere on the forum 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

That's a good point, actually.  Thinking about it again, and based on the logic of what I explained happened last year, then I SHOULD technically be able to reactivate my current deal, pay £14.99 on the 24th August, after which I'd be within the last 30 days of my current deal, thereby enabling me to buy the Season Ticket between 24th and 26th August (when the offer runs out), and stack it up to kick-in from 24th September.

However, without that absolute clarity, I'm not sure I really want to risk it for the sake of essentially saving another £5 for the month of September...

Do you know of any educational establishments that offer degrees in understanding Now TV offers and passes!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@schnapps 

That's a good point, actually.  Thinking about it again, and based on the logic of what I explained happened last year, then I SHOULD technically be able to reactivate my current deal, pay £14.99 on the 24th August, after which I'd be within the last 30 days of my current deal, thereby enabling me to buy the Season Ticket between 24th and 26th August (when the offer runs out), and stack it up to kick-in from 24th September.

However, without that absolute clarity, I'm not sure I really want to risk it for the sake of essentially saving another £5 for the month of September...

Do you know of any educational establishments that offer degrees in understanding Now TV offers and passes!

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you check the numbers above and lets assume the 30 day or less rule applies here (just between me & you and mustn't be taken has gospel by anybody else until further clarity from a NowTV Staff Member) then i reckon you have lost out on a further one month reduced discounted pass.

Where instead of 10 months you would have gained 11 months and looking at the sports pass savings that i can find around at the moment elsewhere, then the only way to recoup the extra 1 month lost is to say buy a one month sports pass gift card at £25 then take away the £15 that you would have paid for the discounted rate pass until the 24th of September then it would equate to a £10 loss out of pocket.

Otherwise unless in the last month of your 10 month deal you hold back on the cancel of the your pass and closer to the full price of £33.99 renewal payment date, see if you will be offered a discounted retention deal to stay longer, where you may or may not strike lucky again.

Looking at your forum name i have assumed you are a Doctor of some sorts by profession, so i would have thought all the ways these nowTV deals work on their system would be a walk in the dark for you with your intelligence being a Doctor 😀.

Or is it the next level up where you need to be a Rocket Scientist to fully understand how all these different types of vouchers & passes work with NowTV 😁 ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

"Looking at your forum name i have assumed you are a Doctor of some sorts by profession, so i would have thought all the ways these nowTV deals work on their system would be a walk in the dark for you with your intelligence being a Doctor."

Er, no - far from it! Not quite sure WHO I might have been thinking of when I came up with that nick (there's a clue there)...

"Or is it the next level up where you need to be a Rocket Scientist to fully understand how all these different types of vouchers & passes work with NowTV?"

Actually, Rocket Science is quite straightforward - or, at least, the way Brian Cox explained it on one of the recent moon landing anniversary programmes, it seemed to be...!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

A Doctor Who fan. My fave was Tom Baker, which I suppose gives away the generation I grew up in. I fact, if you were to listen to my daughter, I'm still living in the 80's 😁