cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Football Season Pass - refund after Covid-19 postponements

I've tried to get in touch with somebody on the live chat, but they (unsurprisingly) haven't been much help.

Today (March 13 2020), the Premier League and Football League have announced that football in England is postponed until April 3rd (at the very earliest), with the very real possibility that the remainder of the football season will not be completed.

I have a Now TV Football Season ticket at £199, which is due to end on June 11 - can I have a refund for the two full unused months (worth a refund of £39.80) as I strongly suspect that no live sport (of any kind) will be shown during this time?

As much as I have enjoyed Gary Neville's Soccerbox and Premier League Years, having endless repeats of them for the foreseeable future does not constitute good value for money nor the content that I expect.

Please can somebody respond to me and establish how I can get the unused time  (2 full months, from April 11 to June 11) refunded?

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It doesn't mean what they are doing is right. If you brought a prepaid season ticket you are unable to cancel mid season and Now TV haven't legally got a leg to stand on. If the season concludes past June they will be forced in the end to honour all prepaid season tickets, and if the Premier League season doesn't conclude, it will be forced to give pro-rata refunds. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is really poor. I've tweeted them a couple of times and was just told to use live chat whenever it is up and running.

Shocking that no statement or email has been put out to season pass customers. I accept staffing numbers are low, but surely the live chat people can work from home? I don't see why it should be taken completely off line.

Whatever the outcome, I certainly won't be using NowTV next year. Yes it's cheap, but when something goes wrong you really miss being able to ring someone, plus I think their silence has been terrible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT Sport and Amazon Prime only for me next season! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same as, first time I've gone to NTV for sport having had Sky in the past thought it was a good way to go without a long term contract but unfortunately when things go wrong NTV have been terrible. Could not recommend them and would not spend another £199 on football season pass after this debacle. Today I was offered a ongoing monthly pass until the football season finishes, weeks after Sky and BT Sport had announced that viewers could pause their subscriptions. Unprecedented times but when you need information, updates and confirmation NTV was nowhere to be seen. Shame, but I won't be back next season.

Chris56
Advocate

Hi, 

just to let everyone know I also have the sports season pass that expires in June, received what looks like a generic email last night saying that they will be sending a one month voucher code for sky sports before this current voucher expires in June and will be sending more in line with the amount of time that delays continue to the season (expect there will be quite a few months delayed) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't received said generic email yet. 

starman73
Elite

@Chris56 Can you cut and paste the generic email?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’re extending your Football Season Ticket

We want to make sure we’re doing the right thing for our customers. We’re aware that your NOW TV Football Season Ticket will be ending soon and there are currently no official dates or plans in place for the remainder of the 2019-20 Premier League & EFL season.

The situation is constantly changing, but the Premier League & EFL are currently looking at ensuring the 2019-20 season is completed as soon as it’s safe to do so. So to make sure you don’t miss a moment of the action if the season recommences later, we’ll be extending your NOW TV Football Season Ticket - free of charge - for another month, and will continue to extend it until we know more about how the season will end.

We’ll be in touch soon with a unique voucher code for you to get an initial extra month of Sky Sports for free, before your Football Season Ticket expires. We’ll also let you know of any further extensions to your Sky Sports Pass if they’re necessary.

Thanks for your patience in these uncertain times.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a similar email on 17 April, but paragraph 3 was as follows;

You don’t need to do anything. Just make sure your Pass is active, not cancelled, and we’ll extend it at no extra cost to you before it expires. We’ll be back in touch once this is done and we’ll also let you know of any further extensions to your Sky Sports Pass if they’re necessary.

I've checked and my pass hasn't been extended as yet, but will keep a close eye on this...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I received a email a few days ago with a one month extension to sports pass starting in June with further extensions if necessary.