cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Football Season Pass - refund after Covid-19 postponements

I've tried to get in touch with somebody on the live chat, but they (unsurprisingly) haven't been much help.

Today (March 13 2020), the Premier League and Football League have announced that football in England is postponed until April 3rd (at the very earliest), with the very real possibility that the remainder of the football season will not be completed.

I have a Now TV Football Season ticket at £199, which is due to end on June 11 - can I have a refund for the two full unused months (worth a refund of £39.80) as I strongly suspect that no live sport (of any kind) will be shown during this time?

As much as I have enjoyed Gary Neville's Soccerbox and Premier League Years, having endless repeats of them for the foreseeable future does not constitute good value for money nor the content that I expect.

Please can somebody respond to me and establish how I can get the unused time  (2 full months, from April 11 to June 11) refunded?

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am in the same position live chat arent AVAILABLE now an there is no contact number for now tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pausing the subscription to mirror what sky have done already for satellite customers seems pretty sensible... or perhaps an option to allow customers to switch skysports subscription to cinema or entertainment to same value? Quite useful while everyone in staying at home   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same situation here. Does anyone know what we can do to get refunds?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got £20 credit as good will a few weeks ago but they would not pause or promise to give me an extension to the sky sports pass.... This virus is going to pause football for a long time, we need some clarity. 

NowTV if you give everyone access to the rest of the season I am sure your subscribers will understand. If you don't your subscriptions will drop next year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same boat here - bought a season pass, and now the season has been postponed. Some information about if this will be refunded, or honoured to the end of the season once it resumes, would be nice.

Can't get hold of them - the customer service side of the service offering is not particularly strong.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem. Seems unfair, hopefully now tv will allow us to watch the remainder of the season should it finish. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the same boat as you, I also have a £199 pass expiring in June but try as you might it is impossible to contact anyone. They are sitting with our money and unlike Sky who are giving refunds this lot is saying nothing but surely they should do the same as Sky! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have a full season pass due to expire at the end of June. It is currently worthless and not being used for the purpose it was intended. Of the circumstances are out of Now TVs control, however what is within their control is that they could 

1. Be clear with their customers of their plans, which should be to guarantee those who paid for a full season pass that they will get to view the remaining part of the season for free, if it gets up and running at some point.

2. Or offer a refund.

3. Offer movies or entertainment as a stop gap until the season re commences. 

4. Stop making it impossible to contact them.

Customers have been left in the dark for over a month now and chat advisors are making it difficult also for customers to get clarity.

This approach from Now TV will lose them customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Companies such as NowTV will suffer post Covid-19. Customers won't forget how they were treated during the lockdown!!

starman73
Elite

1. Be clear with their customers of their plans, which should be to guarantee those who paid for a full season pass that they will get to view the remaining part of the season for free, if it gets up and running at some point.

For pre-paid football season passes, Now TV should either I) provide equivalent monthly passes from 10 March or II)     a pro-rata refund (9/38th of original cost).   I did manage to get a couple of monthly passes for the 2nd and 3rd month of my 3 month pass on 15 March.

2. Or offer a refund.

See above.

3. Offer movies or entertainment as a stop gap until the season re commences

I see no benefit in this as many sports subscribers already pay for cinema and/or entertainment,. Also many wouldn’t want it as they get their cinema/entertainment elsewhere.

4. Stop making it impossible to contact them.

I don’t think this is within the control of Now TV at present.