cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Re: Now TV Football Season Pass - refund after Covid-19 postponements

Offering a pause like Sky has done seems the most likely (if it hasn't already happened) 

Highlighted
Advocate

Same situation here. Does anyone know what we can do to get refunds?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I got £20 credit as good will a few weeks ago but they would not pause or promise to give me an extension to the sky sports pass.... This virus is going to pause football for a long time, we need some clarity. 

NowTV if you give everyone access to the rest of the season I am sure your subscribers will understand. If you don't your subscriptions will drop next year.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

In the same boat as you, I also have a £199 pass expiring in June but try as you might it is impossible to contact anyone. They are sitting with our money and unlike Sky who are giving refunds this lot is saying nothing but surely they should do the same as Sky! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I also have a full season pass due to expire at the end of June. It is currently worthless and not being used for the purpose it was intended. Of the circumstances are out of Now TVs control, however what is within their control is that they could 

1. Be clear with their customers of their plans, which should be to guarantee those who paid for a full season pass that they will get to view the remaining part of the season for free, if it gets up and running at some point.

2. Or offer a refund.

3. Offer movies or entertainment as a stop gap until the season re commences. 

4. Stop making it impossible to contact them.

Customers have been left in the dark for over a month now and chat advisors are making it difficult also for customers to get clarity.

This approach from Now TV will lose them customers.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Companies such as NowTV will suffer post Covid-19. Customers won't forget how they were treated during the lockdown!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

1. Be clear with their customers of their plans, which should be to guarantee those who paid for a full season pass that they will get to view the remaining part of the season for free, if it gets up and running at some point.

For pre-paid football season passes, Now TV should either I) provide equivalent monthly passes from 10 March or II)     a pro-rata refund (9/38th of original cost).   I did manage to get a couple of monthly passes for the 2nd and 3rd month of my 3 month pass on 15 March.

2. Or offer a refund.

See above.

3. Offer movies or entertainment as a stop gap until the season re commences

I see no benefit in this as many sports subscribers already pay for cinema and/or entertainment,. Also many wouldn’t want it as they get their cinema/entertainment elsewhere.

4. Stop making it impossible to contact them.

I don’t think this is within the control of Now TV at present.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I really think NOW TV needs to open up and provide information to its customers. We all accept the Corona virus is something beyond everyone's control. However, like many people I paid good money and took out a season pass in good faith to watch live football/sport. As there is no live football/sport at the moment we are all paying for something that is not being delivered. Concessions and options are being offered by many other companies, organisations & institutions but NOW TV is practically silent on the subject. As we see our passes run down with no live content it creates the feeling we are being treated with contempt. If matters are under consideration then NOW TV needs to say so. It is very poor practice to leave customers in the dark wondering what may or may not happen. Under normal circumstances I think NOW TV is terrific, they shouldn't  jeopardise a good reputation with apparent inertia - Come on NOW TV, make an announcement even if it is inconclusive. Your customers need to know you care!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

It's interesting that Sky Sports have chosen offer subscribers the opportunity to pause their subscription, a service made available on 18th March 2020, according to the financial press.  In addition, The Consumer Rights Act, Chapter 3, Section 42 -45, Digital Content, makes interesting reading in relation to Now TV's current position.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

interesting that Sky Sports have chosen offer subscribers the opportunity to pause their subscription

The reason is most Sky sports subscribers have 12 month plus contracts.  Apart from pre-paid passes on Now TV (a small number of subscribers overall) there is no contract term on Now TV.  People can cancel immediately. Like I did on 15th March.  Very different scenario.

0 Thanks