cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Football Season Pass - refund after Covid-19 postponements

I've tried to get in touch with somebody on the live chat, but they (unsurprisingly) haven't been much help.

Today (March 13 2020), the Premier League and Football League have announced that football in England is postponed until April 3rd (at the very earliest), with the very real possibility that the remainder of the football season will not be completed.

I have a Now TV Football Season ticket at £199, which is due to end on June 11 - can I have a refund for the two full unused months (worth a refund of £39.80) as I strongly suspect that no live sport (of any kind) will be shown during this time?

As much as I have enjoyed Gary Neville's Soccerbox and Premier League Years, having endless repeats of them for the foreseeable future does not constitute good value for money nor the content that I expect.

Please can somebody respond to me and establish how I can get the unused time  (2 full months, from April 11 to June 11) refunded?

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly same situation here.

I went on the live chat and they offered a refund from when the premier league was halted up until 2nd April which is only about 2 weeks.

They stated that they were unable to offer further refunds as sport may be back in April. But we know already that the Premier League isn’t going to start again until at least 1st May.

Ive asked for a manager to contact me.

Minor problem with what’s going on in the world at the moment but companies who treat their customers like this are really going to lose customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My sports pass runs until 1st June so did a live chat today to see if it could be suspended. They offered a 1 month pass as compensation which won't cover all the lost sport if things don't start up until mid June. Why can't they suspend the pass or promise to compensate for the lack of service? 

Don't know if I should take the 1 month pass or if it will effect me getting proper compensation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've paid for a football season ticket, therefore we should be able to watch the remaining fixtures, whenever they take place.  About time NowTV assured their customers of this commitment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following as in same boat 😪

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you had any luck on getting money back from a years subscription as yet?

im in the same boat bought a year pass  mine runs out June and have had and wont  have anything to watch before it runs out. 

I say "Money back Please"

Simonb76
Advocate

I've noticed that the NowTV Chat helpdesk is offline - surely they must offer a pause like Sky has done?

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Offering a pause like Sky has done seems the most likely (if it hasn't already happened) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really think NOW TV needs to open up and provide information to its customers. We all accept the Corona virus is something beyond everyone's control. However, like many people I paid good money and took out a season pass in good faith to watch live football/sport. As there is no live football/sport at the moment we are all paying for something that is not being delivered. Concessions and options are being offered by many other companies, organisations & institutions but NOW TV is practically silent on the subject. As we see our passes run down with no live content it creates the feeling we are being treated with contempt. If matters are under consideration then NOW TV needs to say so. It is very poor practice to leave customers in the dark wondering what may or may not happen. Under normal circumstances I think NOW TV is terrific, they shouldn't  jeopardise a good reputation with apparent inertia - Come on NOW TV, make an announcement even if it is inconclusive. Your customers need to know you care!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's interesting that Sky Sports have chosen offer subscribers the opportunity to pause their subscription, a service made available on 18th March 2020, according to the financial press.  In addition, The Consumer Rights Act, Chapter 3, Section 42 -45, Digital Content, makes interesting reading in relation to Now TV's current position.

starman73
Elite

interesting that Sky Sports have chosen offer subscribers the opportunity to pause their subscription

The reason is most Sky sports subscribers have 12 month plus contracts.  Apart from pre-paid passes on Now TV (a small number of subscribers overall) there is no contract term on Now TV.  People can cancel immediately. Like I did on 15th March.  Very different scenario.