cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Football Season Pass - refund after Covid-19 postponements

I've tried to get in touch with somebody on the live chat, but they (unsurprisingly) haven't been much help.

Today (March 13 2020), the Premier League and Football League have announced that football in England is postponed until April 3rd (at the very earliest), with the very real possibility that the remainder of the football season will not be completed.

I have a Now TV Football Season ticket at £199, which is due to end on June 11 - can I have a refund for the two full unused months (worth a refund of £39.80) as I strongly suspect that no live sport (of any kind) will be shown during this time?

As much as I have enjoyed Gary Neville's Soccerbox and Premier League Years, having endless repeats of them for the foreseeable future does not constitute good value for money nor the content that I expect.

Please can somebody respond to me and establish how I can get the unused time  (2 full months, from April 11 to June 11) refunded?

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think it is just showing the lack of sport sky now has, this weekend have watched live football, snooker, darts, badminton, horse racing and greyhound racing all none of which sky provide apart from some horse racing. Sort it sky you charge the most for sport so provide more live content.

starman73
Elite

refunds won't be given unless people contact, moan, and ask for one

Yes.  However those with month passes with a few days to run will probably not worry and just cancel.  It is those with anything between 2-9 months remaining who will be grumbling.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  I still got till June on my sport pass seen as there is no football on, I have been trying to get my pass suspended till football returns With no luck if I'm not successful they have lost a customer theirs is other providers  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting nowhere with now tv on this, which is particularly annoying as sky paused their subscriptions!!

Why on earth won't now tv just provide replacement vouchers? With yesterdays announcement footy is off till April 30th I'm now missing two months of my subscriptions....

It feels like being cheated of money, and certainly won't ever pay them a penny going forward. Absolutely disgusted. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm facing the same issue too. Do you have an email chain so that I can follow up with the guys too mate? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think its a difficult situation for them as a business at the moment i'm similar to you but would have at least expected a gesture of good will i.e. option to suspend account temporarily or at least offer to have cinema or entertainment pass on the house as compensation. Everyone is pushed for money right now so can understand the frustration.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not asking for money back, asking for a pause, as sky sports have done.... NowTV are not passing that onto their customers.

So although I've paid to watch the premier league until June, if it say restarts in June and runs until August I would have to pay again to watch it.

Pausing it is only fair option that I can see. Or if that's not possible on their platform then replacing a pass for each missed month is only other fair option.

Don't see why we should we be stung with the bill. Again, not asking for a refund, so not hurting their business. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here paid till june,not looking for refund but pass to be extended.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just sent in a complaint form regarding this. It would appear many of us are in the same boat. I have a monthly paid pass for my local cinema, they are suspending accounts until they can re-open as they cannot provide the service that I am paying for. I would hope that Now TV get their act together and do the right thing by its customers.