cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Football Season Pass - refund after Covid-19 postponements

I've tried to get in touch with somebody on the live chat, but they (unsurprisingly) haven't been much help.

Today (March 13 2020), the Premier League and Football League have announced that football in England is postponed until April 3rd (at the very earliest), with the very real possibility that the remainder of the football season will not be completed.

I have a Now TV Football Season ticket at £199, which is due to end on June 11 - can I have a refund for the two full unused months (worth a refund of £39.80) as I strongly suspect that no live sport (of any kind) will be shown during this time?

As much as I have enjoyed Gary Neville's Soccerbox and Premier League Years, having endless repeats of them for the foreseeable future does not constitute good value for money nor the content that I expect.

Please can somebody respond to me and establish how I can get the unused time  (2 full months, from April 11 to June 11) refunded?

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I asked just on chat what was been done regarding refunds I was told that the management team are in ongoing discussions about this and that we'd all get an email once they've decided on when/if refunds will be issued! 

starman73
Elite

When I asked just on chat what was been done regarding refunds I was told that the management team are in ongoing discussions about this and that we'd all get an email once they've decided on when/if refunds will be issued! 

With all due respect to the good people on chat, they wouldn't know. It's just something they are writing to appease us.

I understand it is not the fault of Sky/Now TV that they have no sport to show, but I am paying the price. If I had a bog standard monthly pass I would have cancelled yesterday and that would have been that. However I am one month into a three month pass and am not likely to get any value from the pass. I signed up to watch premier League and euro 2020 play offs and neither will be shown.

I don't imagine there will be refunds nor credits. I just have to face up to the fact I got just 2 footy games (a postponement of another I planned to watch) from a 3 month pass + stick retailing at £99.   I am not asking for a refund, I just want to have the two months when there is something to watch.

starman73
Elite

Last night I did get my current pass cancelled and was issued with two monthly sports passes.  So I was wrong.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely they'll just extend the pass to cover the end of the season if it carries on.

I think people just need to chill a bit, the season was only suspended 48 hours ago, give them a chance. 

starman73
Elite

Surely they'll just extend the pass to cover the end of the season if it carries on.

I think people just need to chill a bit, the season was only suspended 48 hours ago, give them a chance. 

Who knows if the season will resume and when it will?

The problem is that whilst people wait for a resolution they are effectively paying for nothing.

F1 passes cost nearly £200 and it may be June before they get any action (if at all).

And if football season was halted in a month's time people would have paid a month for nothing.

Also when it comes to refunds people with durations greater than one months are going to be in all sorts of varying states with their passes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I took the season football pass out in August last year so what happens now are refunds being given or what's now tv policy as too what happens now anyone no? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi like others pass renewed 15 March I am on six month x £20 I also would like deal suspended and refund for weeks without sport I signed up for Grand Prix and golf for summer come on now tv you can do so much better for loyal customers otherwise I will cancel and ensure 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where did you contact for this??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got three months left on my Sky Sports contract, I do not want to cancel it as I'm on a contract price for 9 months, but I'm not using it at all with no rugby league & football live! Now TV should have reacted to this? as Sky have.

live Chat is not working how can we get support, as a pensioner money is tight, all I want to do is temporary suspend and then start the final three months if and when sport returns.

how can we get help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get the feeling that refunds won't be given unless people contact, moan, and ask for one. Best thing they could do is at least extend all contracts for a month to stop the flack. As well as footy I was looking forward to the test series against Sri Lanka within my current contract.

Come on NOW TV - do the right thing!