cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Football Season Pass - refund after Covid-19 postponements

I've tried to get in touch with somebody on the live chat, but they (unsurprisingly) haven't been much help.

Today (March 13 2020), the Premier League and Football League have announced that football in England is postponed until April 3rd (at the very earliest), with the very real possibility that the remainder of the football season will not be completed.

I have a Now TV Football Season ticket at £199, which is due to end on June 11 - can I have a refund for the two full unused months (worth a refund of £39.80) as I strongly suspect that no live sport (of any kind) will be shown during this time?

As much as I have enjoyed Gary Neville's Soccerbox and Premier League Years, having endless repeats of them for the foreseeable future does not constitute good value for money nor the content that I expect.

Please can somebody respond to me and establish how I can get the unused time  (2 full months, from April 11 to June 11) refunded?

62 REPLIES 62
Chris85
Mentor

How do we get a refund? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes !!!

Come on now tv, you are not going to be able to provide anything worthy of our subscription prices we have paid, i know for sure you will not refund as the top brass at sky/Nowtv would have a heart attack, so at least give free sports passes to make up for the weeks and months we are going to have little or no sports to watch !

Chris85
Mentor

I just contacted them via chat. I managed to get a refund for this months payment as a good will gesture. They really didn’t want to refund me, and the lady I chatted with got pretty blunt with me. She said my pass is active until the 9th of April and I will be able to watch after the suspension. I said no, I’m not happy with this refund mr please. And she offered the refund. I’m guessing the official response from now tv is about to come. They won’t be giving people refunds. So if you can contact them via chat ASAP. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exactly one month of a 3 month sports pass left that i bought from currys with a now tv stick.

My live chat guy "Asim" ignored all refund requests and instead issued a one month sports pass code.

I saved the chat transcript and took a screenshot of the code as well so hopefully when things are better sports wise i can use the code successfully !

So at least they are doing something, but many will not even bother getting in touch so Now Tv should be pro active and refund/credit passes to customer accounts and come out of this looking like the good guys 😎

starman73
Elite

I had exactly one month of a 3 month sports pass left that i bought from currys with a now tv stick.

I have two months left on mine, I better get in touch.

stammie1609
Expert

I fully realise that public health is far more important than any sport or TV subscription and the current situation is well beyond Sky's control,

but it would be great PR for Sky/Now TV to issue an extra months voucher to all current Sky Sports monthly subscribers.

After all its not just football that we will now not get to watch for the next few weeks but pretty much every sport Sky covers.

Also it could well be that there are no F1 races until May now, will those who have purchased the F1 season ticket be compensated?

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

I know it's not their fault, but some kind of gesture to everybody should be made. 

I've paid to watch the football season, there is now absolutely nothing at all to watch. Be even worse if the season then gets resumed, but the pass runs out before the season ends! 

A good response would be to give everybody with a season pass free entertainment and movie passes for the next few months, plus guarantee that the season pass will last until the season is concluded, presuming it gets concluded. 

stammie1609
Expert

Lets give them a little time, this situation has only occurred today.

I've posted what I think they should do but we should give Sky some time to come up with a corporate response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Give them some time ? Your sure about that so if you activated a sports week pass on the 12 of March to watch live golf F1 and Premiier League and it runs out I doubt anybody will get a refund , I suggest everybody should apply asap , some people will have no time , nowtv should of posted a warning before today about refunds it's not like this has come out of the blue , they take your money I for one have no interest in reruns