cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not able to use newly purchased 12 Month Entertainment package

I purchased a 12 month Entertainment package using the Fireox browser.  As I clicked on make payment, the website brought up an error, so I clicked on the refresh button and it was at this point the NOWTV website said that the order had been successful.

I went into the service to try watching a programme, only to be told by the website that I needed to buy a pass to use the service?  I went into the pass/voucher section, to find nothing mentioned about the pass I have just bought, but there was a payment for £45 listed in the payments section.  I've also checked my email and found I've received a confirmation email for the payment  and package, but nothing to show how to activate/use the package bought.  My bank has also confirmed a payment of £45 is showing as pending whichsuggests the payment went through ok.

Have I missed something?  Should I be putting a code in to activate the pass or has something gone wrong on Now TV's end?  Any suggestions on how to actually speak to someone at Now Tv as everytime I click on the contact us, all I get is the community pages.

Your help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Success! Went through the complaints page and the chat there was picked up. Very helpful person called pintu took details, found the fault ( it is a fault) and guided me through the process. All now working.

Hope you get the same ☺

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Normally if you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and under Bills & Payments it also confirms the offer deal, then if you go to the NowTV App under entertainment and click on any entertainment content the pass should work.

Under some offers NowTV need to email you a separate code to start the pass ( not sure or familiar how this 12 month entertainment offer works when starting the pass)

If there is no mention or you can not see this 12 month offer under your My Account Passes & Vouchers section then double check the email received from nowtv corresponds with your email account login details.

If you are going around in circles, then jump over to live chat from the link below.

One word of caution if you are using a Youview box you won't be able to use a Nowtv entertainment pass currently on the Youview operating platform.

Link here to nowtv live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I mentioned in the opening post, the only emails I've had from now Tv is the one email minutes after the payment errored and then refreshed to sday congrats etc.  There is no mention of any other emails following through  with additional codes or whatnot.

When I go into the Passes and vouchers section, all of the month passes show 'Apply a Voucher' which when I have used a voucher in the past, there has been additional information underneath, including the expiry date and the ability to cancel the voucher so it doesn't auto renew - I've not none of this information.  It actually looks like I have just created an account and done nothing with it.  The only mention that I have made the £45 payment for a 12 month voucher is on the My Account >> Bills and Payments, which has the £45 payment listed.  The only other emails showing as from Now TV are from posting the initial post on the community forms.

As for their live chat, I've tried using multiple browsers to get it to work.  It did once, but as I was writing what I needed to say, their operative closed the chat window, shutting me off and now I cannot get the thing to work AT ALL.  When I click Live chat, the button greys out and nothing happens.

I'm not having the best of times at the moment and considering I was going to cancel the normal Sky tv service to use this for the next 12 months, it has seriously dented my confidence in the service as a whole already - I mean, not having ANY way of actually speaking to someone easily and relying on community support is the very definition of poor customer service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it is diabolical, isn't it? I've long dumped Sky due to expense, but at least you could phone them. This is the budget arm of Sky but it looks like they make money by taking it for no service. Only contactable on twitter (kiddy-comms) and they are ignoring that.

I can't even get into chat to be ignored or cut off there so I am clearly even lower than you!

I think I'll follow your example and dispute the payment in the morning. Ah well, no-one's died as they say. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Success! Went through the complaints page and the chat there was picked up. Very helpful person called pintu took details, found the fault ( it is a fault) and guided me through the process. All now working.

Hope you get the same ☺

Anonymous User
Not applicable

can't help, but same problem here with a six month voucher. Got the error message on payment, then an email to say it had been taken. Showing as paid in account but same issue on telly, wants vouchers.

twitter feed cherry picking and ignoring me for more recent tweets. Chat blocked off and unavailable. no phone number.

seriously concerned that this is a scam....

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've already spoken with my bank about disputing the transaction as they aren't providing what I've paid for. IN the meantime, I've posted a question to the support page thing seeing as that is the only way to put a question to whoever works support at NowTV. If I've not heard anything from them by Monday with a resolution to this problem, I'm raising a complaint with Now TV and filing a dispute with my bank to get my money back.