cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not able to apply voucher codes

Good Morning All,

I am a first time poster and was hoping to obtain some advice and guidance.

I have purchased a now tv box with both a 4 month sky cinema pass and 6 month entertainment voucher. Whenever i try to apply the codes i am informed that the offer has expired.

I am posting this in the hope that a member of the customer care team can provide assistance as when I have previously attempted to resolve this issue via the live agent chats, i have waited up to half an hour and the responses have not really rectified my issue of applying the vouchers.

Many thanks,

Ash.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did the vouchers come in a form of a scratch card code in the box packing and was the nowtv box the 2nd generation small black box (middle black box with small white light in the photo on this link below).

When did you buy the nowtv boxes and from what Retailer or Shop ?

If they was standalone vouchers codes again when did you purchase them and from where ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-box 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi Schnapps

Sounds like Ashcha either bought new-old stock or a pre-used model, either way the voucher enclosed with the device will be useless and, in these circumstances, Now TV are highly unlikely to offer any help or advice.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

That was my initial thinking with the questions i have asked @Anonymous User .

Was awaiting the answers to my questions before possibly given out some bad news and advice on what to do next if the box with the bundled vouchers was purchased recently and not left unused for the last two or three years.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi again Schnapps

Yeah, I thought that's where you were going with your questions but I jumped in and ripped the plaster off.  However, there is still some hope and Ashcha does have an option.

If the device bought is new-old stock, and purchased from an established retailer, then Ashcha can go back to that retailer and ask for the voucher to be activated.   

Simply put, just because the stock may be old that does not invalidate Ashcha consumer rights under UK law, and so is entitled to a fully working device and package contents.

However, if the item bought is pre-used then the purchase is "as is".

UK Bob