cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No advance buy discount for existing customers :-(

I'm sure this has been mentioned umpteen times already but hopefully NowTV will take note of the feedback and do something about it. I have a full Virgin package without movies and NowTV has always been a nice to have bonus for Sky Atlantic and the odd movie (along side Netflix and Amazon Prime that we also subscribe to as well as being big cinema fans). The main reason for this was the Black Friday 12 month subscription, pay a bulk sum upfront and forget about it - when you are seeing it in your account monthly when budgeting you start to think, is that really worth paying for?

In my case the answer is no - NowTV is good value if that's your only source of entertainment, but as a companion to a full Virgin or Sky package and the likes of Netflix it is simply not worth the monthly fee. I've had an unbroken subscription for a number of years even during periods of light usage but that will now change, I will cancel my subscription as there seems to be no contact point with a real human being to negotiate a contract extension like there is with Virgin/Sky packages. In future I will use the money I save to rent the odd movie we didn't see in the cinema from pay per view providers.

I only hope NowTV reverse this decision next year and don't try to screw over their existing customers. As the market gets more and more overcrowded with streaming providers those that don't offer compelling discounts to remain loyal for extended periods will ultimately fail from a disloyal customer base that switches on and off their subscription when it suits them month by month...

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to add to this I could go out and buy 4 smart sticks with 4 x 3 month movie passes which I could use as an existing customer for £79.96 - under WEEE regulations I'm entitled to buy these, use the vouchers, and get you to pay god knows what to recycle the sticks.

In this age of environmental awareness is this really the business model you want to promote? Hundreds of unwanted smart sticks and boxes to landfill? A massive bill to comply with your WEEE legislation requirements?

I have an idea - why not offer existing customers the option to buy a 12 month pass for £79.96 online instead? Just like Amazon Prime do.

Utterly ridiculous and wasteful business model...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect - Sky/NowTV foot the bill - https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-return-my-old-now-tv-equipment

Expect 4 brand new sticks to be returned to you in the near future. I encourage everyone to do this and maybe they will realise the flaw in their business model...