cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No access abroad

Hey

Just signed up for the Entertainment pass. My address is in London but I'm living in Ireland at the moment. Tried to start offer yesterday and got this:

"You won't have full access to My Account while you're abroad.

You'll need to wait until you're back in the country where your account is registered to have full access."

Is there anyway round this, can I change the address in my account to my Irish address for now? Not sure when I'll be back in the UK as I can work from here for now.

Thanks for your help
Michael
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you set up your account with your London address, you will need to use NowTV in the UK first. You will then get full access in the Republic for 30 days, after which you will need to use in the UK again. 

Here's the guide: https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad

Can you cross the border into Northern Ireland? Using NowTV there will qualify you for using in the UK. 

Hope that helps. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mikey

Thanks so much for reply to my question. I could skip over the border and sign in there. Would it work if someone in the UK signed in to my account for me?

Thanks

Michael

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For someone else to use your account, don't forget their device will need to be registered to your NowTV account too. Check that you have spare slots. You can add or delete 3 total per month maximum. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Logging into the NowTV website to buy a NowTV Pass doesn't effect your registered devices.

A device will only be registered if you have any device slots available, should someone play some NowTV content on your account that you already have a pass for.

@Anonymous User if you are considering going down this path, then you need to trust the person who is going to access your account fully.

Also maybe add a payment pin to your account before the other person accesses your account.

If you are in Ireland for more than 30 days then somebody back in the UK will have to watch some NowTV content on your account to trigger the next 30 days abroad from my understanding (might be wrong) so then you would need a spare device slot for them to watch something on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for all your help guys, really appreciate it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No problem at all.