cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Black Friday Offers for existing customers?

I have tried to get the Black Friday deal and all I was offered was a 14 day free trial cinema pass. I am very annoyed that I was unable to get the Black Friday deal like my mother and brother got. Why is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Quite a few people are encountering issues when attempting to buy these Black Friday Sales Smiley Sad

Are you an existing nowtv customer, where you are currently on an existing offer that has more than 30 days left before the Black Friday Offers ends on the 29th of November where you won't be eligible for the cinema pass deal ?

If you are an existing customer and on a longer term existing cinema offer on your account, then your only alternative might be the nowtv stick with either a bundled 2 month or 12 month cinema pass which is slightly more costly compared to the stand alone passes but still good value for money compared to the std cost of a monthly cinema pass subscription price.

Please note, with these stick offers, you can't start the voucher until the stick arrives at your home and you set it up on your television set.

If you are on a current cinema offer on your account, you can redeem the voucher pre loaded on the stick within the last 30 days on your current cinema offer.

Should you need any further assistance or help with these BF offers, then i would suggest speaking to a live chat advisor.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Edit - Ignore the part of my post talking about under an existing 30 day cinema offer, where i missed the bit and can see there is a 14 day free cinema trial showing on your account.

Would suggest contacting live chat for help about this BF 12 month cinema pass deal.

Goodluck.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Quite a few people are encountering issues when attempting to buy these Black Friday Sales Smiley Sad

Are you an existing nowtv customer, where you are currently on an existing offer that has more than 30 days left before the Black Friday Offers ends on the 29th of November where you won't be eligible for the cinema pass deal ?

If you are an existing customer and on a longer term existing cinema offer on your account, then your only alternative might be the nowtv stick with either a bundled 2 month or 12 month cinema pass which is slightly more costly compared to the stand alone passes but still good value for money compared to the std cost of a monthly cinema pass subscription price.

Please note, with these stick offers, you can't start the voucher until the stick arrives at your home and you set it up on your television set.

If you are on a current cinema offer on your account, you can redeem the voucher pre loaded on the stick within the last 30 days on your current cinema offer.

Should you need any further assistance or help with these BF offers, then i would suggest speaking to a live chat advisor.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Edit - Ignore the part of my post talking about under an existing 30 day cinema offer, where i missed the bit and can see there is a 14 day free cinema trial showing on your account.

Would suggest contacting live chat for help about this BF 12 month cinema pass deal.

Goodluck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, I was on the entertainment pass @£7.99 per month for a year. I cancelled it yesterday through live chat and was refunded £7.99 that had been paid 22/11/18. I have been offered a 14 day free trial cinema pass which I am not at all happy with. 

The response from the NowTv contact/help centre is very slow and frustrating as well as unhelpful. 

It is a no contract service. I never asked for the 14 day free trial cinema pass. I wanted the £99 Black Friday deal for Entertainment & cinema for the year! Very unhappy with the service, every customer should be eligible for any/all deals 😡

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to let you know the 14 day free cinema trial are available to everybody when somebody creates a nowtv account and is nothing to do with these Black Friday Offers or a token gesture for not being able to receive these BF offers.

I can't help much sorry, because just like you i am a customer and not an employee of NowTV.

When you mentioned that you was paying for a entertainment pass at £7.99 per month which sounds to me that you are currently on a standard montly entertainment subscription pass and not fixed on a one year deal.

A good indication that you are within the 30 day threshold is to go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and if you see the green apply voucher button next to both your entertainment and cinema pass on your account, then i would expect you would be eligible for the 12 month cinema & entertainment BF deal for £99.

It looks to me that NowTV are encountering various technical issues and glitches for customers who are trying to purchase these BF deals (the forum is littered with customers complaining). 

If you can confirm back on here that you see these two green apply voucher buttons next to both your entertainment and cinema pass, i will then tag somebody from the NowTV Forum Team on here to see if they can assit you further getting this £99 Black Friday 12 month entertainment & cinema offer deal. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem - I've chatted with about 5 people who haven't been able to help me at all. Plus the chat keeps timing out.  This is the worst customer service experience I have had!