cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Darren_73
Contributor 2

No Black Friday Offers for existing customers?

Been waiting for black Friday deals, only to find they are only valid for new customers. 

Why punish and alienate loyal existing customers. 

Terms for 12 month £99 entertainment and cinema deal say for new customers only. 

Not looking after your loyal customer base nowtv. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KBZ
Contributor 3

Re: No Black Friday Offers for existing customers?

These are the offers that are available for existing customers but I had to go round the houses to get to this page.  They could make it a bit clearer.

https://www.nowtv.com/home/existing

60 Replies
stereohaven
Contributor 4

They are here by the way if anyone wants to see them: https://www.nowtv.com/black-friday

now.PNG

Interestingly it doesn't mention 'new customers only' for the deals that include a smart stick. 

Well I normally buy the Entertainment & Cinema pass, so that's money you won't be getting out of me NOW TV, because I will never buy the passes monthly. 

0 Thanks
Darren_73
Contributor 2

Confirmed in support chat that NOWTV do not offer any deals to new customers - snippet:

Last year, there was a deal for new and existing customer, however this time this offer is only for the new customers.

Unfortunately there is nothing can be done because the offer is an automated system which cannot be reinstated.

tzr
Contributor 4

Seems strange that last year you could do the deal as a old customer and now just as the deal runs out you can't renew using the latest offer.You would think it makes sense to give people the chance to resub for a year and forget about it rather then have people start looking at other providers.

Not sure if last year there was a link for new customers and a seperate offer/link for old customers but hopefully Nowtv reconsider the terms

0 Thanks
Darren_73
Contributor 2

Apparently they will not be reconsidering and all offers will be for new customers only.

0 Thanks
IvyL
First Poster

I think it's disgusting that its only for new customers. I got one last year but was not eleigble this year when I tried to get another. I even had a chat with one of the operators who told me it was for new and not existing customers. I won't be renewing when it runs out. Firms just don't care anymore about keeping their existing customers. There is no customer loyalty anymore

Mina
Contributor 1

what about opening another account.

Darren_73
Contributor 2

Nothing stop another account being opened, but that does not breed customer loyalty.

stereohaven
Contributor 4

Oh well, that's their loss, they can have no money from me instead of some money. Anyone want to buy a Smart Stick? Smiley LOL

0 Thanks
arrgee1991
Contributor 1

The smart stick offers are open to existing customers.  They are £7 more which if you haven't got a smart stick is pretty good.

e.g. £186 for 9 months sport + stick.    (the 9 months without stick for new customers in £179)

Arguably these are better for new customers as you get the trial periods as well.

Besides I pay less for Cinema than these offers with the offer I couldn't refuse when I looked to cancel.