cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dazzman
Advocate

New style entertainment pass

Leaving Sainsbury’s today I caught site on a new style entertainment pass on one of their racks it was brown not the usual orange and was priced at £8.

I didn’t get the chance to take a proper look so has anyone had experience of this new pass is it just for 1 month and does it mean the end of the £10 ones I’ve been using for the past few years?

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

Yep, must be some price hikes coming to the entertainment monthly cost to make that £8 thing more of an option????

Might need to hunt out some £10 for two month cards before they vanish.

Hope the Tesco staff didn't mind as you set up your photo gallery on their floor 😁😁

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User all pictures taken with social distancing rules applied 😄

With everything that gone on the last few months I've not bothered to get any passes and fear I've missed the boat!

I did think that when the new channels got added that they would put the price up! Time will tell but I don't think we'll have long to find out!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

Yep, probably not long until we see new gift cards in all the usual outlets.....it wasn't there yesterday (because I looked) but Argos website now has a new style sports week for £10 card available....very close to the £9 day one in your picture.

Maybe there will be other entertainment variants to be found in due course....longer in months, but at a better cost ratio?????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Curry/Pc world are still selling the old passes x2 months Entertainment for £10 

I got x4 months worth today 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I had spotted that as well on their website, I'm going to see what my local Morrisons supermarket has tomorrow.

If these old style gift cards are on the way out, shops should be doing some 'reduced to clear' offers.......is that asking for too much????????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Reduced to clear would be great !!! But I don't think we will be that lucky 😞

Good luck in hunting down the old passes for yourself

Cheryl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

Thanx for that Saint, Had a feeling this was coming when the old passes started going.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

doesn’t matter what they look like it’s the fact that that they are such bad value, only saving £1.99 each which the Entertainment and Movies passes. Time to go Netflix me thinks

Steve411
Scholar

We were with Sky before and switched when we moved to NowTV as we couldn’t get a sky signal due to trees. NowTV is good value in comparison, as you still get the main channels. We have Netflix and Prime too, so nice to have the selection. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is now November 2020

And after checking with now tv they say they are no longer selling any now tv gift card passes of any kind anymore so I repeat now tv are no longer selling the now tv gift card voucher passes