cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New entertainment pass not working

I've just tried to use a 2 month entertainment pass I bought online as my current pass runs out tomorrow (2/4/20). When I put the code in I get a message saying I can't use it until my current pass is down to 30 days. I have a cinema pass running too which is until the end of may so I'm thinking the code I've been given is for a cinema pass. 

Would that cause this error or is there something else wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you by any chance get an email from NowTV in the last few weeks saying that they have added a discounted entertainment offer automatically onto your account ?

What i would try is cancel your existing entertainment pass right away tonight, then when the existing pass is due for renewal tomorrow try the two month entertainment voucher code again.

When you cancel the entertainment pass make sure it's cancelled properly (approx four steps on screen) where it should then say cancelled next to the pass.

Also out of curiosity where did you purchase the new two month entertainment pass from ?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you by any chance get an email from NowTV in the last few weeks saying that they have added a discounted entertainment offer automatically onto your account ?

What i would try is cancel your existing entertainment pass right away tonight, then when the existing pass is due for renewal tomorrow try the two month entertainment voucher code again.

When you cancel the entertainment pass make sure it's cancelled properly (approx four steps on screen) where it should then say cancelled next to the pass.

Also out of curiosity where did you purchase the new two month entertainment pass from ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the exact same situation also. I cancelled the pass that Nowtv automatically put on at the weekend and have kept trying with my new pass but no luck. I will take your advice and try to apply it again tomorrow as that is when a new one would be due for renewal. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the email offer has automatically already started on your account since Saturday, then cancel the pass if you want, where i am not sure if your new voucher code that you bought from elsewhere may not work until the next following month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I think I did get an email about a discounted offer a couple of weeks ago but didn't respond to it.

I have cancelled the current one like you said and will try my pass again tomorrow.

I bought the pass from cdkeys, as I can't get out the house just now. Usually get them at argos.

Thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Hopefully it will work for you, but be aware CD Keys are not a recognised NowTV voucher pass seller (had this confirmed from a senior Staff NowTV member).

Where i have heard that sometimes CD keys voucher codes doesn't work and you will need to take this up with CD Keys directly where NowTV will not take responsibility from what i have been told in the past by NowTV Management.

Though reading over on Hot Deals UK website the majority of CD keys codes seem to work for most people.

Keep my fingers crossed the CD Keys code will work for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi both, thought I would let you know that despite my pass not working when I tried this morning, I have just looked, and my cancelled offer and current pass due to expire today had disappeared from the screen (which were still there this morning) and when I tried adding my new voucher, it worked fine, so hopefully it will be the case for anyone else having a similar problem too. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, I wonder if you could help? I had an offer for 6 months at £1.80 on the entertainment pass after my trial runs out on the 20th, but I accidentally cancelled it and when I try restart the pass it’s trying to charge £8.99 a month? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Normally with these rolling monthly discounted offers you need to cancel it in the last month of when the offer is coming to the end if you want the full duration of the deal.

Sometimes if you cancel and restart the offer in the same month before it rolls into the next month you can retrieve the offer but it varies from the type of offer you was given.