cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New customer offer

Hi

I signed up to Now Broadband in Feb and part of the sign up deal was to get an Entertainment Pass for £4.99/month for 12 months. At the time I used Live Chat and the advisor told me I would get an email within a month with a voucher code but still nothing. 

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to get the code? The deals I am given when I log in just aren’t as good as the sign up offer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I you haven't ever used a 7 day free entertainment trial on your account before.

Then start the free trial, let it run for say two or three days (don't leave it to the last 24 hours in case the cancel button is suspended) and try cancelling it.

Hopefully you will be offered a retention deal to keep the Entertainment pass running.

The retention deal varies between customers from what i have seen over the years ( i was offered something like £1.60 to £1.80 per month for three or four months) can't remember the exact figure or duration to be honest.

When you cancel you are asked the reason why, make sure you say i can't afford it.

Sometimes the retention offer is not given, so it's a chance you got to take.

Since i have been with NowTV over five years now i have always used 2 month Entertainment Gift Cards rather than paying the full price monthly subscription of £8.99 per month.

I can't guarantee the Gift Cards will ever be pulled or increased in price in the future by NowTV because i haven't got a crystal ball.

Otherwise if you prefer the safer option of 12 month £4.99 per month entertainment offer maybe try emailing NowTV directly for the voucher email code they promised you.

You should be able to reach them on customerservices AT nowtv.com (i had to use AT instead of the std @ symbol because the forum software would remove any full email addresses).

It may take a few days for them to respond to your email because of the coronavirus crisis.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help with the email offer sorry, but i wouldn't say £4.99 per month for NowTV Entertainment is a ground breaking deal.

If it was me and you have a current Entertainment Pass, then try cancelling it to see if you are offered a short term discounted offer to stay.

Then after the retention deal is coming towards the end look at NowTV Entertainment Gift cards for two months for £10.

Maybe apply one Gift card on your account and then try the cancel process again in the last week of the Gift card coming to the end to see if you are offered another retention deal to remain again.

If no retention deal is forthcoming then buy another NowTV Entertainment Gift Card etc etc.

Here's a list of authorised NowTV Gift card sellers.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/gift-cards 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for your reply! 

I don’t have a current pass because I was waiting for the offer email. 

The gift card is a good idea. Can you use these every 2 months? 

Thanks again!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I you haven't ever used a 7 day free entertainment trial on your account before.

Then start the free trial, let it run for say two or three days (don't leave it to the last 24 hours in case the cancel button is suspended) and try cancelling it.

Hopefully you will be offered a retention deal to keep the Entertainment pass running.

The retention deal varies between customers from what i have seen over the years ( i was offered something like £1.60 to £1.80 per month for three or four months) can't remember the exact figure or duration to be honest.

When you cancel you are asked the reason why, make sure you say i can't afford it.

Sometimes the retention offer is not given, so it's a chance you got to take.

Since i have been with NowTV over five years now i have always used 2 month Entertainment Gift Cards rather than paying the full price monthly subscription of £8.99 per month.

I can't guarantee the Gift Cards will ever be pulled or increased in price in the future by NowTV because i haven't got a crystal ball.

Otherwise if you prefer the safer option of 12 month £4.99 per month entertainment offer maybe try emailing NowTV directly for the voucher email code they promised you.

You should be able to reach them on customerservices AT nowtv.com (i had to use AT instead of the std @ symbol because the forum software would remove any full email addresses).

It may take a few days for them to respond to your email because of the coronavirus crisis.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's the NowTV webpage link about their Gift Cards.

https://www.nowtv.com/gift-cards#ib-section-section-2 

I tend to buy my Gift cards either from Currys or Tesco's.

If you also shop at Tesco's, then NowTV and Tesco's have a Clubcard deal in place with triple NowTV credit on exchanging Clubcard vouchers, which i use with my HD Boost Pass 😀.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I get through to NowTV customer service at this time. I accidentally bought cinema pass thinking it was entertainment pass so o need a refund. I then bought the entertainment pass 

I then bought broadband after that I see I get discount on all passes so again I need to speak to customer services to sort this all out but it says chat unavailable 

sirely now tv cannot sell services with customers having no way to cancel refund or ask questions 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wants to change the operator of the internet provider. I want to sign a contract with your company. I have a lot of questions, but contact with your company is hard. is there any contact with your company to get answers to my questions? Should I post questions on the forum and wait for someone to see them in a few months and answer me?  Thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it's not a personal question then you can always ask on the Community Forum (just don't add anything personal about yourself).

Because you haven't  joined NOW Broadband & Phone yet and if you think your questions can't be answered either on the NOW Community Forum by other forum members or looking under the NOW Help Centre for related Help Articles.

Then maybe drop NOW an email using the email address shown from this screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg