cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nowswaish
Scholar 3

New Stick with Black Friday deal

I should know the answer to this but would like confirmation.

I have just bought two sticks each with six months entertainment included from Argos in their Black Friday sale, they were £29.99 each.

I assume when I activate the first stick the pass will start straight away, when I activate the second it will start when the first ends. If not will I guess I would need to wait six months before activating the second stick?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @nowswaish 

My understanding is that if you have no active entertainment pass then once you activate the first stick the 6 months entertainment pass will start straight away.

Should you have an existing entertainment pass less than 30 days remaining, then the 6 months first voucher on the first stick activated will automatically kick in on your next due payment date.

Should you be on an existing entertainment pass offer more than 30 days left, then both 6 months entertainment vouchers will be saved on your account under My Account > Passes & Vouchers where towards the top of the page there will be a link to your saved vouchers (based on the assumption that you have setup both sticks at the same time)

Then once you have less than 30 days remaining on your existing entertainment pass, there will be a redeem button to start the first voucher which will be unlocked to use (then start the first 6 months voucher at your convenience).

The second voucher will still be locked and you should be able to redeem it in five months time (i.e. when your 6 month previous voucher is in the last 30 days before expiring) where if you go back to the saved voucher page on your account the second voucher should be unlocked and you can redeem and start it on your account at your convenience.

Are we on the same lines and was this your understanding how it works ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @nowswaish 

My understanding is that if you have no active entertainment pass then once you activate the first stick the 6 months entertainment pass will start straight away.

Should you have an existing entertainment pass less than 30 days remaining, then the 6 months first voucher on the first stick activated will automatically kick in on your next due payment date.

Should you be on an existing entertainment pass offer more than 30 days left, then both 6 months entertainment vouchers will be saved on your account under My Account > Passes & Vouchers where towards the top of the page there will be a link to your saved vouchers (based on the assumption that you have setup both sticks at the same time)

Then once you have less than 30 days remaining on your existing entertainment pass, there will be a redeem button to start the first voucher which will be unlocked to use (then start the first 6 months voucher at your convenience).

The second voucher will still be locked and you should be able to redeem it in five months time (i.e. when your 6 month previous voucher is in the last 30 days before expiring) where if you go back to the saved voucher page on your account the second voucher should be unlocked and you can redeem and start it on your account at your convenience.

Are we on the same lines and was this your understanding how it works ?

nowswaish
Scholar 3

Yep, that’s what I though would happen. Thanks for your feedback.