cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New F1 Season Pass?

I bought the £198 F1 season pass back at the start of the season, but then cancelled it once everything got cancelled.

With the season starting again, are they going to bring a new offer out for F1? 

Currently they have £25 a month for 3 months but that is more expensive then their previous £198 offer for 9 months. 

Trying to work out whether to gamble and miss out on the £25 offer but potentially get a cheaper F1 offer or just to play safe and avoid having to pay £9.99 for day passes. 

14 REPLIES 14
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

With the season starting again, are they going to bring a new offer out for F1? 

Currently they have £25 a month for 3 months but that is more expensive then their previous £198 offer for 9 months.

Highly unlikely Now TV will be doing season passes after all the refunds they had to dish out last time around and with no guarantee the season won’t be halted at any time.

i don’t see how it is more expensive.  All the Grand Prix will take place in 2020, so worst case scenario is £177 with 3 months at £25 and 3 months @ £34.  But as you will get a retention offer when you cancel, unlikely to pay that.  There are 8 Grand Prix from 5 July - 6 sep, so around 4/month, which is far more then the original schedule.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SweetBlitz  does you get retention offers on sports passes ? 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I get retention offers on sports, cinema and entertainment along with email offers.  Rare there isn’t some sort of offer out there.  In fact, if you have an old email from mission.control, the offers from last summer still work.  £20/month for sports.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User there are no plans for an F1 season pass

Screenshot_20200703-080804__01.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this. Yeah you are correct to be fair when you divide it by races. Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no season pass on offer (yet) and the £25 per month for three months sports pass offer that was available until yesterday has also disappeared. It seems that they are trying to strong-arm people into paying £33.99 per month for F1 this time. I think this is a poor deal as I have no interest in football, especially without crowds. Also, only the F1 races for July and August are confirmed with uncertainty about those in September (only 2 so far) and no information about the autumn races which may or may not have spectators. Also, the quality of the F1 offer this year is compromised; no crowds to start with, races at the same circuit twice and what I expect will be a compromised TV offer given the social distancing requirements. All in all, I think Sky/Now TV should be trying to coax people into parting with their cash in order to boost viewing figures, especially when so many are worried about their incomes. Taking away the £25 offer is just plain greedy and I won't be signing up for a £34 pass. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

seems that they are trying to strong-arm people into paying £33.99 per month for F1 this time.

That is the normal price, not greedy at all! Arguably better value as you get more Grand Prix in a shorter time period. Comparable to what Sky and Virgin charge ordinarily. There was the option of £25/month yesterday and a £20/month email earlier in June.  

Also If you have Virgin, they are offering Sky Sports for £22/month right now on top of your normal package cost.

Unfortunately this Grand Prix is not live on Sky One which was the case last year for the first Grand Prix. But there does appear to be a full re-run on Channel 4 on Sunday at 6.30pm. It says highlights on TV guide, but it lasts for two and a half hours.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SweetBlitz  Are you seriously that blind? Just look at F1TV Pro, 7.99 in Europe. You're delusional. And then once you've paid 33.99 you still have to watch ads I assume?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User £33.99 is for 11 sports channels, not just F1. So that's football, cricket, darts, F1, boxing etc etc. with no ads during F1 races. Very few people pay £33.99. If you use the service regularly there are offers eg the season pass - £200 for ten months. I can have 3 devices streaming simultaneously so split the cost with my parents. I pay £130 for a whole years sport across 11 channels. 

F1TVPRO, one channel - that's it. 3 days a fortnight and the back catalogue of old races and interviews! Only 1 device can stream at a time so you can't share an account. Oh, and it's not available in the UK so you need to chuck in the cost of a good VPN.

Torrents. Yeah, I've used them but there's no guarantee that the stream will hold and you're forever chasing site links as they get shut down!

At the end of the day, it's down to the individual what they want to buy and what's good value for them. For me, NowTV has unrivalled value for the amount of sport I watch and I'm safe in the knowledge that I just press a button and it's on without having to faff with a laptop and dodgy links!