cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheGiantHogweed
Advocate

Need another sports 24 hour pass

NowTV's site seems to be awful in terms of getting in touch, and those words are literally stated the whole time at the top of the page. But they just send you round in circles with a load of topics that are irrelevant.

I wanted to watch the F1 Qualifying and Race this weekend, but I cancelled my month membership as which expired on friday as I do not want to pay 38.99 for JUST the qualifying and race.

My issue is this:

I bought a 24 hour pass yesterday when I began watching qualifying, but didn't realise it only activates when you start watching rather than when you pay. This means it will expire midway through the race today.... How can I avoid this? I expected to need to buy another, but NowTV doesn't seem to let me as it insists I'm already enjoying one... I now don't understand how I'm going to be able to avoid my viewing of the race being interrupted by me suddenly having to make another purchase.

I wanted to do live chat to resolve this fast, but that seemed impossible so I hope I get advice here within the next hour or so.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TheGiantHogweed 

That’s because you’re only allowed 1 day membership at a time, this includes active day memberships. Afraid you’ll have to wait till it runs out then you pay for another day membership.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@TheGiantHogweed 

Start another Now account (you can have as many as you like)  and buy the pass on that. Then switch to the new account a bit before the race starts, start that pass, and watch the race uninterrupted.

(But I fear this advice is too late for today’s race, though perhaps useful for the future 😢)

It took me a while to figure out why the pass starting later than you thought was a bad thing, but I see it now.

Now ought to allow a further day pass to be bought while one is active, to prevent this dilemma in future, just as they allow a new monthly Sports pass to be bought in the last period of an existing one.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB wrote:

Now ought to allow a further day pass to be bought while one is active, to prevent this dilemma in future, just as they allow a new monthly Sports pass to be bought in the last period of an existing one.

"Ought to?" And I don't follow the rest of the sentence either? 

TheGiantHogweed
Advocate

They mean that they ought to have a rollover option for the 24 hour pass just like they do for the month pass. They used to have a week pass too which they no longer offer. I remember when the week pass was £9.99!

I did in the end just bigin watching only for the coverage to be interrupted when my pass expired. It seems utterly stupid that the only way round this is to create another account. I couldn't really help that my monthly pass expired on friday so I had to buy 2 more for the race and qualifying at the weekend.

redchiz1
Champion 2

The Day pass is primarily intended for one off events, I can imagine all kinds of issues if it rolled over until cancelled as monthly passes do. It is a shame that you did not get any inducement offer to stay when cancelling your month pass.

RoyB
Legend

@TheGiantHogweed @redchiz1  @gavs82008 

Ooh no, I didn’t mean rollover! That would be awful, as you say, @redchiz1 .

What I meant was that users ought to be able to buy a further Day Pass during the time they have an active Day Pass on the go, just as you can apply a voucher during the last month of an existing offer (but not before) to get a seamless transition onto the new deal at the end of that month.

I am not proposing that Day Passes should work any different from the way they do now; even if you could have a Day Pass ‘stacked up’ ready to go, you would still have to activate it when you wanted it, be that straight away when the previous one expired, or in days or weeks to come, and it would neither auto start nor auto renew.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear above 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.