cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV Offer versus shop bought vouchers

Earlier in the year I purchased a 2 Month Cinema pass from Currys PC World. Just before I redeemed this, NOWTV applied a 6 months offer on Sky Cinema Pass which meant the monthly cost was less than what I had paid for the voucher. I therefore decided to let the offer go ahead and saved my shop voucher to redeem at the end of the current offer.

However, NOWTV have now applied another further 6 months offer to my account, meaning I am now unable to redeem my voucher again without cancelling the Sky Cinema Pass and leaving it expire before applying the voucher I have. I have therefore re-applied the offer in my account so the deal continues. But I am now in a position where I have a £15 voucher I can no longer use. It will expire before the end of my current Sky Cinema Pass deal because shop bought vouchers are void after 12 months.

So because of the deal that's been extended on my account, I am essentially going to be worse off following this deal because of the unused £15 voucher I bought. Why can I not apply my 2 Month Pass now, and then have the "new" deal kick in AFTER the 2 month pass has expired?

Very annoying as the money saved from the "new" offer will be wiped out and more if I do not apply the 2 Month Pass before it expires in March and I will have essentially wasted £15.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

My only option as I see it is to cancel the Cinema pass, and let it expire (it expires in just over a week), this will in turn cancel the new offer. I can then apply the voucher I have bought.

We wouldn't have this issue if NOWTV's Direct Debit prices were in line with the shop vouchers you can buy instead of being much more expensive. I have never known a pay as you go system that is MORE expensive if you pay by Direct Debit.

4 REPLIES 4
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Happens all the time for me.  I still have three 2 month cinema passes from sticks that haven’t got applied due to accepting retention offers. 

What is the anniversary of the pass? You can run the offer until a month before and then apply it.

Also how good is the 6 month offer?  You could sell the pass on if the offer is much better.

Also once the voucher is applied, you will probably get a retention offer as it expires.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before you decide to cancel the new monthly rolling offer given by NowTV, if it was me i would jump over to live chat and give them the voucher code number and ask them when it actually expires.

Then if it is within the last month of the new offer coming to an end or at a later date, then apply the voucher code at this time if you want to continue straight after the next six months is up.

Here's a link to find the green chat button to click on to reach a NowTV web chat Advisor.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps 

I purchased the voucher towards the end of March.  According to the small print on the back of the voucher, it expires after 12 months.  So as long as NOWTV don't decide to further extend the offer past March 2021, I'll be ok.  If they do, I'll lose my £15

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you might be OK, though if it was me i would still pop over to live chat and ask them the expiry date from the Voucher code on the back of the NowTV Gift Card (unless you are thinking of selling the NowTV Gift Card onto somebody else and don't want to scratch off the silver strip).