cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dips
Mentor

NOW TV won't offer a Sports discount offer if you're not set to receive marketing :(

Bit of an obvious point, hopefully it helps someone else - I was hoping for the £19.99 a month offer for the F1 season, that I've received for the last several years.

I must have turned marketing emails off at some stage in the last year and now, NOW TV via chat say there's nothing they can do.

So I hope no-one else makes the same mistake -> make sure your marketing offers are set to 'on' ! I won't be paying £34 a month, so I hope the radio commentary is decent!

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dips 

Have you tried going onto live chat to see what they can do? As I had to do make changes to an existing entertainment deal I had and they managed to drop the price for me. 

Make sure to click "chat online" within the green box, don't hit "get help quicker" as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Dips
Mentor

I did mate.

They out-right refused to do anything - I've been a customer since 2013 but they don't care.

I accept that I made a mistake turning marketing off, but I'm shocked that they claim they have no discretion to offer anything.

But it is what it is.

Appreciate your advice regardless 🙂

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dips 

That sucks dude, if I were you don't give up and try again tomorrow. Hopefully another agent will be able to give you a cheeky deal!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Dips
Mentor

Maybe I'll be cheeky and try, ha! 🙂

gejandcj
Scholar

Chatted to a CS this morning, the offers are going out up until 02/03/2023. and it will be for £19.99 for 12 months. Having e-mail offers turned on doesn't relly matter. Some of us never recieve then anyway.

TomBHX
Advocate

I've got emails switched on but still no offer.  Best CS would offer was to do this month for £25. 

Dips
Mentor

Thanks for your reply; so you were able to speak to them and they made you an offer at £25?

If so, that completely contradicts what they told me earlier, i.e. that they have no discretion to apply any offer 😕

UncleZen
Scholar 2

I've got all the marketing stuff switched on but haven't got any offer. Whereas others have. I guess I'm just at the bottom of the list when it comes to offers. Or don't fit the criteria that their algorithm uses.

gb2000
Scholar

If you can suffer the pain of 1 month at full price, cancel it near the end and you should hopefully get into the 'offers for people who want to leave' algorithm. If you time it right, and don't subscribe until the 3rd of March, that month will cover the Australia race as well as the first 2, so at least you'll have had something for your money if my 'trick' doesn't work. Good luck!