cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Expert 2

Re: NOW TV feedback to the management

"accept poor service for a cheap price"

The service is fine.  I turn it on and it streams TV, Movies and Sport. Now TV works  really well. I suspect 90% + of its customers don't even use chat, like I have never used any contact for Amazon Prime nor Netflix. 

I would rather they spend the Now TV dollars on things like HD, 50 fps etc. rather than customer service and keep the prices down.  I suspect the majority of customers feel similar.

I fly Ryanair frequently. I know what I get.  £20 return.  Doubtless if I needed their customer service it would not be great. I could fly Aer Lingus or British Airways pay £200 plus and they probably have great customer service, but I don't use it.

SAABDude
Scholar

By poor service I meant poor customer service rather than basic service (should have been fairly obvious from previous posts...). 

You say it is cheap. I'm happy for you with your £1.60 / month deal but most folks will be spending about £21 / month for Entertainment and Cinema, so not so cheap in that case.

I agree the basic service is really good. No problem with that.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
starman73
Expert 2

What you write and what you mean differ.  I quoted you directly as I thought it was important to make that distinction.  There's a world of difference between poor service and poor customer service.  Though my experience is Now TV customer service is pretty good , especially in comparison to Virgin Media and their UK folks.

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

I’m not sure what an ‘at best average’ might be. But if it is less than £99, that strengthens the case for the £99 offer even more.

Unless, that is, NowTV are charged for programmes according to the number of potential watchers, or perhaps actual watchers.

But I doubt NowTV would offer you £1.60 a month, unless they could make a profit on it, at least at marginal cost, which suggests, if Movies can be done at a similar rate, that they can turn a profit on £45 a year, which is a nice margin for a £99 deal.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 2

I doubt NowTV would offer you £1.60 a month, unless they could make a profit on it, at least at marginal cost, which suggests, if Movies can be done at a similar rate, that they can turn a profit on £45 a year, which is a nice margin for a £99 deal

Sure, once fixed costs are covered any price is profit.  It is all automated machine learning, so I guess it figures that flaky customers like me who keep cancelling will only ever pay bottom dollar so I get low offers.  Until it notices the four unused saved vouchers  on my account...