cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV feedback to the management

I'm not sure if NowTV management read any of the feedback on here but there seem to be some very common threads re issues we, your customers, are facing (so it's not just "Bob from Brighton" having a little rant).

1. Black Friday deals are not made available to your existing customers. They should be easily accessible and just added to our Vouchers to get used when needed. You have the mechanism to do this, just remove the current block in the website code.

2. Sort out the customer service. Currently it is only via Live Chat. Not a problem UNLESS you are only using an India based call centre with no escalation to UK folks with a bit more understanding and authority. Existing one is fine for simple stuff (password changes) but not much more. No surprise here, Talk Talk have been getting it wrong in exactly the same way for years (with corresponding lowest customer service ratings you could wish for) so please learn from their huge mistake.  I understand it's all about cost but you really need to rethink this one and fast. At least provide a simple escalation to UK and / or telephone number.

Just a couple of thoughts from my recent experience.  I've just renewed Now TV for another year so I still like the basic sevice, it's just these peripheral issues that really let the side down big style. 

Please Like this post if you agree as it may help us get some attention on these issues.

Cheers

14 REPLIES 14
starman73
Elite

"accept poor service for a cheap price"

The service is fine.  I turn it on and it streams TV, Movies and Sport. Now TV works  really well. I suspect 90% + of its customers don't even use chat, like I have never used any contact for Amazon Prime nor Netflix. 

I would rather they spend the Now TV dollars on things like HD, 50 fps etc. rather than customer service and keep the prices down.  I suspect the majority of customers feel similar.

I fly Ryanair frequently. I know what I get.  £20 return.  Doubtless if I needed their customer service it would not be great. I could fly Aer Lingus or British Airways pay £200 plus and they probably have great customer service, but I don't use it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

By poor service I meant poor customer service rather than basic service (should have been fairly obvious from previous posts...). 

You say it is cheap. I'm happy for you with your £1.60 / month deal but most folks will be spending about £21 / month for Entertainment and Cinema, so not so cheap in that case.

I agree the basic service is really good. No problem with that.

starman73
Elite

What you write and what you mean differ.  I quoted you directly as I thought it was important to make that distinction.  There's a world of difference between poor service and poor customer service.  Though my experience is Now TV customer service is pretty good , especially in comparison to Virgin Media and their UK folks.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

I’m not sure what an ‘at best average’ might be. But if it is less than £99, that strengthens the case for the £99 offer even more.

Unless, that is, NowTV are charged for programmes according to the number of potential watchers, or perhaps actual watchers.

But I doubt NowTV would offer you £1.60 a month, unless they could make a profit on it, at least at marginal cost, which suggests, if Movies can be done at a similar rate, that they can turn a profit on £45 a year, which is a nice margin for a £99 deal.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

I doubt NowTV would offer you £1.60 a month, unless they could make a profit on it, at least at marginal cost, which suggests, if Movies can be done at a similar rate, that they can turn a profit on £45 a year, which is a nice margin for a £99 deal

Sure, once fixed costs are covered any price is profit.  It is all automated machine learning, so I guess it figures that flaky customers like me who keep cancelling will only ever pay bottom dollar so I get low offers.  Until it notices the four unused saved vouchers  on my account...