Just seen this news

£195 for sky’s f1 pass

includes all 8 channels

availble from March 2nd until December.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/02/now-tv-formula-one-season-ticket/ 

166 REPLIES 166
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Customer service is being very coy regarding the F1 pass.  When asked on Friday, they said the offer has gone, but there may be "another, better deal" in about 2 weeks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s worse than brexit
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It actually works out cheaper buying day pass for £8.99 on race day. £189 for 21 races, £195 to expensive not worth it. At least if your favourite miles behind you not paid up front. 🤔

UncleZen
Scholar 2

Yeah, I cant find it unless theyve hidden in is some dark corner of the website.
TBH, I know it says from March 2, but I'd check on March 3 it may mean that "somone will get around to adding the offer to the website on March 2".

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to sign up, or why people are getting wound up about currently not being able to.

There are 2 weeks until the season starts. Relax. Im sure something will turn up before then.

All that was said on twitter is there is no current offer. We all knew that anyway because no-one can find it. Remember NowTv/Sky are running a business where the idea is to maximise revenue, they are not here to do us all a favour.

All this hype about a deal was started by 2 websites that I've never heard of, and then wasnt reported in mainstream media, so work it out for yourselves.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It certainly makes no sense that a NowTV F1 offer would launch in the same weekend as the Sky F1 offer, so assume the £195 was made up to drive traffic to that website.

Sky will want to shake out all the people who can be tempted into getting a full Sky subscription, then put out a last minute NowTV offer for those who really won’t sign up for a subscription and long contract.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I paid £150 for this deal last year for the f1 season. Don’t understand why ita now £195 for the same deal

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The price has (probably) gone up (we dont know yet, remember?) because last year half the races were free on channel 4, this year Sky has sole rights and they have us over a barrel.

Also I think the Sky deal is a red herring. The Sky and NowTv deals are pitched at two totally different demographics, those who subscribe to contracts and those who prefer the freedom of not doing so. You always pay more for extra freedom though, for example PAYG mobile phones, etc.

If you want to moan at someone, why not moan at the author of the clickbait article on Gizmodo.

(which is a website I'd never heard of in my 20 years on the internet)

Her twitter is @Anonymous User, ask her what this is all about.

Other than that youre just wasting your time until any potential offer is revealed.

I think the moral of this story is "Dont believe everything you read on the internet."

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A small consolation to the rights moving to Sky but the British GP will be shown live on Channel 4 (highlights for all other races).