cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeyFett
Scholar 2

Re: NOW TV F1 season pass 2019: £195

A small consolation to the rights moving to Sky but the British GP will be shown live on Channel 4 (highlights for all other races). 

0 Thanks
ClockEnd
Expert 2

@RichGold wrote:

The price has (probably) gone up (we dont know yet, remember?) because last year half the races were free on channel 4, this year Sky has sole rights and they have us over a barrel.

Also I think the Sky deal is a red herring. The Sky and NowTv deals are pitched at two totally different demographics, those who subscribe to contracts and those who prefer the freedom of not doing so. You always pay more for extra freedom though, for example PAYG mobile phones, etc.

I don’t see why price would increase.  The sports pass hasn’t changed in price and on Now TV you get all the channels.  And Sky are selling F1 only for £10/month on top of the base package.

Sky deal is real. https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports?DCMP=afc-SkySports_F1strapline 

Generally i I find the Now TV sports deals to be cheaper. I got sports for £13/month in December and often get £17/month and £20/month deals. And you don’t need any base package at £20/month to get those prices.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Healeyboy
Advocate

Gizmodo is a pretty reputable website, owned by Future publishing. There was a press release issued on Friday that was embargoed until the Saturday. In the mean time someone at Sky/now tv has decided to put the offer back and retracted the release. Gizmodo published to early and have since taken down the story. The deal will likely go live next weekend. 

Ben247
Advocate

If and when the pass arrives it has to be cheaper than £180

21 races, watch 1 on channel 4 (British GP), that leaves 20, 4 races in September so buy a month pass and pay the rest as day passes.

16 races @ £8.99 = £143.84

1 month pass @ £33.99

total £177.83

I would rather pay in small amounts unless I’m making a massive saving!

Keith_F1
Mentor

You don't get FP and quali with that though.

0 Thanks
BITM2007
Scholar 2

You can get all the races and qualifying live for £165, if you buy 5 Now TV Sky Sports Month passes for £25 each and 4 £10 week passes from independent retails like Argos, PC World and Wilko. Then start the month passes on the 15th of March (for the first 3 races), 27th April (3 races), 7th June (3 races), 30 August (4 races) and 11th of October (3 races), and use the weekly passes to cover the other 4 races (excluding the GB Grand Prix which is live on C4).

awk
Advocate

And then factor in that you will probably miss some races (especially as you can not record it).  It currently looks like I will be overseas for 4 races and I also struggle with some of the really early starts - so need to work out best mix of monthly, weekly, daily and C4 highlights for when in the UK.  I can usually watch for free on Terestrial in France and Spain - and can usually pick up German or Austrian on satellite when in Greece.  Commentary is a bit of a challenge, but you soon pick it up.

I have no interest in other channels, so the pass will need to less than £150 to make it attractive.

Also, I don’t understand why they dont make it a single channel pass (F1) - I wonder if there is a technical issue (we didn’t know we would want to do that when we designed it)?

0 Thanks
BITM2007
Scholar 2

you should also factor in that some of the races and exspecially qualifying are likely to be available for free to Now TV entertainment customers.  Sky/Now TV have a history of screening live sports on Sky 1 (like the first day of the Ryder Cup, and Premier League matches), presumabably as tempters to purchase sports passes or a full Sky Sports subscription.

0 Thanks
Joe03
Mentor

Good news guys. The Now Tv F1 pass will launch tomorrow (Tuesday 5th) 

STu220
Scholar

Well if you would like to elaborate!! Price/ sources??

0 Thanks