£195 for sky’s f1 pass

includes all 8 channels

availble from March 2nd until December.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/02/now-tv-formula-one-season-ticket/ 

166 REPLIES 166
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

The price has (probably) gone up (we dont know yet, remember?) because last year half the races were free on channel 4, this year Sky has sole rights and they have us over a barrel.

Also I think the Sky deal is a red herring. The Sky and NowTv deals are pitched at two totally different demographics, those who subscribe to contracts and those who prefer the freedom of not doing so. You always pay more for extra freedom though, for example PAYG mobile phones, etc.

I don’t see why price would increase.  The sports pass hasn’t changed in price and on Now TV you get all the channels.  And Sky are selling F1 only for £10/month on top of the base package.

Sky deal is real. https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports?DCMP=afc-SkySports_F1strapline 

Generally i I find the Now TV sports deals to be cheaper. I got sports for £13/month in December and often get £17/month and £20/month deals. And you don’t need any base package at £20/month to get those prices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gizmodo is a pretty reputable website, owned by Future publishing. There was a press release issued on Friday that was embargoed until the Saturday. In the mean time someone at Sky/now tv has decided to put the offer back and retracted the release. Gizmodo published to early and have since taken down the story. The deal will likely go live next weekend. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to the nowtv online chat NO The season pass is not available 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to the helpline chat nowtv are not doing the F1 season pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but after paying the hefty price tag of £195 for this F1 season pass (which is aimed at people to watch the Grand Prix races), that already this season, there have been 2 races, and both have been shown live on Sky One, which means if you have the entertainment pack like I do you can watch the races anyway. Feeling a bit p****d off by this I got onto live chat, just to ask them if any more, our even all the races are going to be shown on Sky One (which would make that £195 P****d away, which I saved up for). Guess what, it was like I was speaking in tongues. They were about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Then they just wait until it times out. Disgusting treatment for a premium price. Now TV you should be ashamed, wont anyone of you with any brains speak to me?.

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi all, I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but after paying the hefty price tag of £195 for this F1 season pass (which is aimed at people to watch the Grand Prix races), that already this season, there have been 2 races, and both have been shown live on Sky One, which means if you have the entertainment pack like I do you can watch the races anyway. Feeling a bit p****d off by this I got onto live chat, just to ask them if any more, our even all the races are going to be shown on Sky One (which would make that £195 P****d away, which I saved up for). Guess what, it was like I was speaking in tongues. They were about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Then they just wait until it times out. Disgusting treatment for a premium price. Now TV you should be ashamed, wont anyone of you with any brains speak to me?.

Guess what.  SKY ONE - SUN 14 APR 7am CHINESE GRAND PRIX- LIVE

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, and guess what, still no answer, about what they are going to do about it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The offer says from today but the link just shows a list of races 😞

Keith_F1
Mentor

Spoke to someone from NowTV yesterday and they said there is no deal ATM but keep an eye on the website for one in coming days. Think they've boosted it to £195 for the Indy Car races, might give it a watch and see what it's like. 

Re: cheaper to get day passes

That's all well and good but I like to watch practice and qualifying too so think I'll go with the deal if it shows up. Wish we had F1TV premium in the UK, would sign up on a heartbeat! Hopefully we'll get something when skys contract runs out in 3 years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If and when the pass arrives it has to be cheaper than £180

21 races, watch 1 on channel 4 (British GP), that leaves 20, 4 races in September so buy a month pass and pay the rest as day passes.

16 races @ £8.99 = £143.84

1 month pass @ £33.99

total £177.83

I would rather pay in small amounts unless I’m making a massive saving!